no red ati 9500pro
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: no red ati 9500pro

no red ati 9500pro

I upgraded my cpu from a celeron 2.0 (running 2.67 133fsb) to a P4 2.4 (same 133 fsb) now I have lost red on my ATI 9500 Pro Radeon video card. Any ideas what to do? I tried reinstalling the drivers no help there?

Are you sure it's not your monitor cable? It's rare to lose a single color output on a video card. Have you put another video card in to see if the problem is even the 9500?
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

ya.. a buddy of mine found everything but the red on his moniter go when he hooked up his system again. after a few hours on the phone i gave up and shortly before he came home for christmas he found that it was just one of the pins in his moniter cable was bent. he bent it back works just fine.

if you are unhooking and hooking up your system often, buy a moniter cable extension, because if one of those pins break off your screwed. as you'll have to ship it off to the manufacturer for warrenty (assuming it's still under it). and shipping an entire moniter ain't exactly cheap and you lose all use of your computer for a week or so (unless you have a spare moniter lying around). so replacing a extension cable is much easy then that
    Main
    AMD XP-M 2500+ @ 2200 (200x11), 1.65v Thermalright SK-7 w/ Thermaltake Smart fan2 Abit NF7-S v2.0, Forceware 5.10 OCZ 1.5gb OCZ PC3200 2.5-3-3-10 Radeon 9800XT 128mb w/ Zalman VF-700cu Maxtor 250gb SATA HD LG DVD-RWPioneer 10x DVD Enlight 7250 w/ 2 80mm Enermax Noisetaker EG495P-VE SFMA Logitech Z2300 Speakers Samsung 753DF WinXP Pro SP2 DX9.0c

Certifed: MCSA, A+, Linux+, Security+, Net+

I put in my old GEforece2 card it worked fine, went back to the ati and it was dead, taking it back to best buy. This time I am going to try a 9500np with the 8 pipeline mod

Thread Information