odd prime95 error!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: odd prime95 error!

odd prime95 error!

In my room NO computer passes prime 95, i recently moved house, and machines that used run p95 torture stable for days sometimes craps out in 5-6hrs sometimes 12hours. I've tested the house insulation and whatnot and it is more than acceptable, voltages are stable, never dipping below 1.65v *xp2700@ default, so far i;ve been through 3 motherboards and memory configs all to the same error, tried different psus from 300-550w all enermax/antec. Most of the time its a rounding error such as 4.999 instead of below 4 or something. Its very sporadic, most i've run it for is 13 hours without fail, cooling is excelllent, 52C max with an SLK-800.

[edit] 5v never below 4.89v and 3.3 usualy at 3.3 or 3.29v
    R.I.P Rangeral, To one of HWC's best moderators and a great guy

By the way, what does BTW stand for?

It is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.

Hi JT, are you overclocking?

If not then that is pretty weird. Maybe that new house has a polterguist. Or maybe something worse, hmmm I'd be looking to see if I could borrow a geiger-counter.

overclocked or not it happens, i doubt 5 mobos and about 7 sticks of DDR are bad , thing is the cpu is 100% rock stable and it never crashes early, always after a few hours, and no set pattern, makes be believe the electricity in my house must be nasty, wonder if an AC line conditioner or UPS will fix that?

Originally posted by Justintime
    ...makes be believe the electricity in my house must be nasty...
    I'd have a word with an electrician if I were you!
    A64 3200+ Venice | XP-120 | 1024MB GeIL Ultra PC4000 | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi Radeon X800 XL 256MB | 2x 250GB Maxtor DM+10 (RAID-0) | LG Flatron L1710B | 1999 Ford Mondeo Ghia X 2.5 V6

"Oh Lord, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference."

Ok, am 99.9% sure of it now, as i set it this morning at about 5am and it failed about the EXACT same time as it failed last time, only i set it at 2-3AM last time, so its not the same amount of hours it took to fail, thus not a set fail pattern amount of timewise, ran over 11hrs 54min this time, last time was about 13hrs. So i've come to the conclusion my power is dodgy from about 5:30PM to early morning at about 2AM, gonna investigate a bit into the local substation inner workings, but i figure its not my computer so i'll just leave that be.

U.

P.

S.

MuFu.

arrgh, ok sure soon

Thread Information