radeon 9500 problem
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: radeon 9500 problem

radeon 9500 problem

I'm having some trouble with my sapphire atlantis 9500 128. When trying to boot with the power cord to the video card installed, there is no reaction. The cpu fan spins half a revolkution but then no more reaction. Booting with the power cord uninstalled works fine, but then I get an error message stating that the power cord is uninstalled. Don't think that this is psu related as my psu is 350W. The motherboard is an asus a7v-e with duron 1300 and 512mb of ram.

Any ideas to what might be wrong? Faulty card?

Welcome to HWC.

Have you tried using different PSU connectors? How about disconnecting all other peripherals (CD-ROMs etc) and just have the motherboard and the 9500 connected?

Can you tell me what revision your 9500 PCB is please? Should say so in white writing in the top left hand corner on the front of the card (if it is one of the red ATi reference designs - if it is black then don't worry about it)

94200-XX, where "XX" is the revision.

MuFu.
    Opteron 144@2.8GHz (stock HS/fan), Asus A8N-SLI SE (passive NB), 1.5GB RAM (2:3:2:5, 2T), WD Raptor 740GD 74GB, Maxtor DM10 300GB, Asus EN7600GT SILENT@???, M-Audio Revo 7.1, Nebula DigiTV, Dell 2005FPW, Enermax 431W Active.

Thread Information