Radeon 8500 DVD TV-OUT
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Radeon 8500 DVD TV-OUT

Radeon 8500 DVD TV-OUT

Hey everyone, On my Radeon 8500 64MB card, I use the Svid to composite converter to output DVD's in "theatre mode" to my TV. I go from Svid->Converter->VCR compisite -> TV Coax. My tv does not have composite inputs on it, so I have to go through the vcr.

On some DVD's: Boondock Saints, Snatch, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, and a few others, the TV display has a few problems. The display jumps up and down slightly as well as going from very bright to very dark. The Video on the Computer monitor does not do this. This also does not happen with a few concert CD's and several other movies. But this is very annoying as I have an LCD screen that is almost impossible to view (bad angle) from my couch.

Any suggestions as to what might be casuing this and how to fix it?
    Woohoo, 14th person to solve the 4D rubik's cube...ever! http://www.superliminal.com/cube/cube.htm

Watch me solve a regular cube in 24.2 seconds at www.rubiks.dk videolist, Daniel Hayes!

Likely this is the copy protection on the DVD (MacroVision). If you could hook it directly to the TV you would not have this problem. Macrovision detects a device between the DVD player (your computer) and the TV. I baught a DVD player and took it back that day because of teh MacroVision as I still use my VCR and did not want to deal with an AV switch.

Now I just download the movies off KaZaA.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Just got a little Composite/Svid to Coax converter at RadioShack for about $30, seems to have fixed the problem! Thanks very much!
    Woohoo, 14th person to solve the 4D rubik's cube...ever! http://www.superliminal.com/cube/cube.htm

Watch me solve a regular cube in 24.2 seconds at www.rubiks.dk videolist, Daniel Hayes!

Thread Information