Stuttering.. How do you eliminate it?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Stuttering.. How do you eliminate it?

Stuttering.. How do you eliminate it?

If I cant get rid of it, ill most likely sell this card. It is a radeon 9700. I actually wish I bought the Ti 4600. After reading rade3d, many have this stuttering problem, while I guess the geforce cards dont get this. Heck never got that with my geforce2 GTS. Basically im curious how can I get rid of this stuttering problem? I read at rade3d, someone said there was a issue between the audigy series and radeon 9700? Is that true? Just would like to get this resolved. Unless someone wants the card...

My question is, anyone want to give me 250, heck ill go less, if your price is right. For this card.. Let me know, cause ill part with it.

Jeff
    There are experts in many fields, but one thing is certain. You don't have to be an expert to speculate.. So speculate on!

Are you using the Catalyst 3.0 drivers? If you are and the stuttering persists, you need to download a program called 3DAnalyze and use it to run your games. It's a driver problem and not a hardware one, so if you're patient, you could wait until the next driver release. Each one has gotten better at correcting the stuttering. If it is in fact a Audigy/9700 conflict, then obviously take out the Audigy and see if the stuttering persists.
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

From what I see its Directx 9.0 related. Meaning people who have ran 8.1 never had the problem. When they ran with 9.0. People had the problem. I am going to try something, which would be, SP1, and see what happens. See if my problem is gone with 8.1 sp1xp...

Jeff
    There are experts in many fields, but one thing is certain. You don't have to be an expert to speculate.. So speculate on!

Thread Information