rrgh, how daft am i...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: rrgh, how daft am i...

Threaded View

Talking rrgh, how daft am i...

Built a new system as shown in picture below... nothing special, specs are in my sig...

Anyway I put two 80mm fans with blue LEDs in as exhausts, and two normal 80mm fans in as an intake. I was a tad puzzled when I was getting case/CPU temps at idle of 35/42. Couldn't overclock for toffee - I was maxing out at 1.62GHz (AGOGA core)

I've just been and bought some Antec "Reference" silver thermal paste for my CPU because I was using the pad that came with the heatsink. I installed that and put some on my GF4 as well. Then I turned the machine on with the side off, and put my hand near the back. It was sucking air out! :d'oh:

I've turned them round and now I'm getting idle temps of 23/33...

Much better

MORAL: Don't throw your machine together just because you're too excited with the jump from a K6-2 w/ V3 to an XP1800+ w/ GF4 - take your time

Jon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A64 3200+ Venice | XP-120 | 1024MB GeIL Ultra PC4000 | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi Radeon X800 XL 256MB | 2x 250GB Maxtor DM+10 (RAID-0) | LG Flatron L1710B | 1999 Ford Mondeo Ghia X 2.5 V6

"Oh Lord, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference."

Thread Information