MSI Ti4200 problem...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: MSI Ti4200 problem...

Hybrid View

MSI Ti4200 problem...

I just bought this video card, and having troubles with it. First off I keep getting the warning message " ***MSI VGA Monitor Warning Message*** Fan speed is unusual. Now fan speed is : 1939 Rpm". Secondly when I try to access the 3D Turbo Experience software it starts up normal, however before the first screen can show up it says that the webpage you are viewing is attempting to close this window, and underneath it says msivga.ocx initialization error.
    Black Tsunami Dream Case
    P4 2.8 Engineering Sample @ 3.2Ghz
    Hyper Threading Enabled
    Asus P4P800
    1 Gb PC2100
    ATI radeon 9500 pro
    80GB primary drive
    2x80GB Raid0
    Liteon 16X DVD
    Sony 16x DVDRW Dual Layer
    19" Samsung 192n TFT

Well I recieved an email from MSI today, and was told that since I am not using an MSI motherboard all of the features of the video card may not work because of different manufacutures "not having the same circuitry". I find this to be pretty odd considering I am running a pretty popular board (an A7V266-E). Anyone have any suggestions, or insight?
    Black Tsunami Dream Case
    P4 2.8 Engineering Sample @ 3.2Ghz
    Hyper Threading Enabled
    Asus P4P800
    1 Gb PC2100
    ATI radeon 9500 pro
    80GB primary drive
    2x80GB Raid0
    Liteon 16X DVD
    Sony 16x DVDRW Dual Layer
    19" Samsung 192n TFT

I would suggest that you ditch the hassle you are getting with MSI,go with another brand. I have a Leadtek GeoForce Ti4200 128 mb and I love it!!!
    Asus P4Pe
    Intel P4 2.4B GHz
    512 MB PC 2700 DDR 333 MHZ RAM
    Antec SX835II w/350 W PS
    Leadtek GeoForce 4 Ti4200 AS250LE-TD 128 MB
    Western Digital 100 GB 7200 RPM HD
    Sound Blaster Live 5.1
    Toshiba 16X DVD
    3D Mark 2001 -- 11,646

Personally I don't even run the GFX card utilities by the manufacturers. I use rivatuner and refresh force.
    Get busy Living or get busy Dying - Tim Robbins, Shawshank Redemption

When you understand the root, you understand all of its blossoming - Bruce Lee

I've used RivaTuner, but never used refresh force (what is it like). When I run RivaTuner I get various .sys and .dll errors, always seem to be different errors, but I can still access the program, this has all happened since I installed the new video card. I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling it to no avail.

Matt

what detonators are you running? I'm asking this because i never really got those errors you brought up . What OS are you using? The dets I'm using are 41.09s. And Windows XP SP1

Using the same drivers and same OS as you are... this is really bugging me. How does the MSI card stack up against say the ASUS or others? The reason I ask about this is because the place I bought it from only has the MSI, the ASUS, and a Powercolor (which I want to stay away from). I'm debating whether or not I should spend a little extra dough and take this back to get a radeon 9500, do a straight exchange for an asus 9280 (which I originally had, but was giving me weird fan noises) or keep the MSI. Like I said in another post, I chose the MSI over the ASUS because it seemed to have better cooling, much more in the way of heat displacementm and a larger fan.

If it's in your power, get the 9500 pro. It clearly kicks butt and is a good overclocker. My friend got his to around 320 MHz core, and 307 mem or somewhere around the 300s

Thread Information