Any thoughts on this monitor?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Any thoughts on this monitor?

Question Any thoughts on this monitor?

I have been thinking about getting this one

seems like a good price for a quite large size with decent looking specs.

any thoughts?

Well - I would give it an award for being the very first tube monitor that I have ever seen where the Viewable Image Area is the SAME as the adveryised size! Twenty-two inches in both cases. Is this pressure from the TFT world where WYSIWYG?

seems nice but..what's the price including shipping or / tax? there's antoehr out there : samsung 900NF and that has BNC connectors
    Get busy Living or get busy Dying - Tim Robbins, Shawshank Redemption

When you understand the root, you understand all of its blossoming - Bruce Lee

i think there is a 60 dollar shipping charge. but from what i have seen this monitor used to go for around 900.

i am not really pleased with my current samsung so i dont think i am gonna get another one.

actually the viewable size is 20"

Amazing for the price!

I'd buy one myself, but the shipping to Europe would be prohibitive (and risky)!

James

What kind of samsung do you have ? the 900NF had high marks from sites all around. NEC is nice but if you're gonnna go that relation go mitsubishi. My NEC has smaller cables so the shielding will be weak. But take a good look at hte 900NF

i think i have the 955df. isnt the 900 a 19 inch too? my 955 gets incredible amounts of interference no matter where i take it. not sure if mine is bad or wether they are all like this.

could have been a bad batch that you had. Otherwise people seem to recommend the 955DF even though i'm not so keen on dynaflat technology as i am on Natural Flat (aperturegrille) but wait.. I would buy the NEC i mean for that much for a 22" ( I lost sight of that ) ? good stuff. . I'd go for it.

Wow... I was looking at a 19 inch Flat CRT... to run a dual mon setup with... Thanks for posting this... you may have just saved me some time! Looks like a good choice... I may also be picking one up!
    2500+ Barton @ 2.2ghz (200x11)
    Abit NF7-S rev2.0
    Alpha 8045
    Radeon 9800 Pro
    2x 512mb Corsair XMS pc3200
    2x 120gb WD-SE HDDs
    Enermax 431w Whipser
    Lian Li pc61-usb

Not too bad. The "Recommended Resolution" of 1600 x 1200 @ 85 Hz is pretty good (as are all the lower resolutions are over 100Hz). That is a pretty good price for a 22" monitor too. However the $67.80 shipping kind of sucks (64 pounds). This brings it to over $350. Also all the listings from that vender off PriceWatch for that monitor say NOT NEW/Referbished. I checked the stats closer and found toward the bottom:

Condition&Warranty: Excellent Condition. Off lease unit. Used. Grade-A. 1 Year Exchange Warranty.

Now the price does not look so good after all. $350 for a used unit with only a 1 year exchange warrenty. That means you pay for shipping (possibly both ways) for another used unit (and likely not the same model).
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

actually they pay shipping return. the shipping is really expensive but even still i have not seen a lower price on a comparable monitor. the new model of this same monitor is somewere in the 1k range. but i am still debating. refurbished doesnt bother me much...hell if anything it has at least been tested more.

i have read some decent things about the vendor but i havent ever ordered from em.

I'd go for it .. i mean 22" for 350? that's still better than 5 or 600 bucks !

Thread Information