ATi All-In-Wonder Radeon VE review
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: ATi All-In-Wonder Radeon VE review

ATi All-In-Wonder Radeon VE review

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDE4LDE=

Nice. Won't be too long before these are sub-$100.

MuFu.

This is a very nice solution for a tasty VIA Epia mini-multimedia PC which only has the PCI slots. 90 on the MB+CPU, 125 for the Radeon VE, 50 for RAM, 70 2.5" HDD, 50 PSU, 40 DVD drive, stick it in a boxfile for discretion, 425. Oh, and 25 for the All-in-Wonder remote which really ought to be included.

Bennyboy.
    If you've got your money for nothing, who cares if the chicks are free!

Yeah, the remote is well worth it.

Kind of a shame it doesn't have a DVI-I port though - it'd make a nice HTPC/Scaler to drive a DLP/LCD projector, especially in the EPIA rig you mention.

MuFu.

My brother is working with the Japanese on an upcoming projector project (bad english sorry), which hopefully means lots of review/comparison samples to play with . Better change that boxfile case for something a little more robust, something that can withstand the drool I feel collecting behind my teeth.

DLP is a gorgeous technology but I haven't yet seen one which doesn't have some kind of 'rainbow effect' on it, even the double colour wheel ones from Sim2 . Most people can't see it, but then most people can't see the flicker at 85Hz either. Not that it's going to be an imminent future purchase but it's nice to have a perfect product to aspire to. Otherwise it's like just finding out that your favourite actress isn't too handy or frequent with a shaver. It matters not cos you will never get to know the difference but it's nice to have those dreams of perfection intact.

150 for the Radeon AIW VE with remote though is a pretty perfect package though, even without the DVI-I, and one I can't wait to recommend to a rich friend to purchase so I can play with it.

Bennyboy.

P.S. For those who haven't seen what you can do with an Epia, go here now, there are some ultra cool cases here,

http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/toasterpc/
    If you've got your money for nothing, who cares if the chicks are free!

Thread Information