GeForce 4 MX440 scores???
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: GeForce 4 MX440 scores???

GeForce 4 MX440 scores???

Hi all,
    well I bought me a new toy to play with today, a shiny new GeForce 4 MX440 8X. I know, its not DX 8.1 compliant, but I already have a Radeon 8500 which is, so I just wanted a card to play with and tweak a little. Preferably one that is cheap and tolerant of AGP bus overclocking.

Anyway, does anyone know what the default specs are for the MX440? Mine seems to think it is clocked at 250/333 at default, although I have no idea whether that is 333 DDR or 166 DDR (according to the spec, it should actually be 250 DDR, but I ain't complaining if it is faster, although I will be miffed it is slower).

My score in 3DMark2K1SE is around 5200 or so (not far off my 8500 actually, which scores 8000 or so, and the GeForce has a slower CPU). Whats a typical score for this card, and what is the best overclock around?

Cheers,
    Fallguy

You can take a look at the following, LINK.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thanks for the linkage,
    interesting to see. My card defaults to 250/166 core/mem under the drivers that come with the card, but actually the card should be running at 250/480 which is the spec the manufacturer specifies.... shame it is slower than NVidias spec of 250/500, but despite my best efforts so far the card won't run that high.

My 3DMark score is now a still fairly pathetic 6013, although I can bump the core speed up to 300 without too much hassle, its just not worth it....

I don't suppose there are any VCore mods that can be done to this card? And is there any way to force it to run AGP 8x, cos both the card and the board technically support it, but it is still only using 4x.... ?

My motherboard is an MSI KT4 Ultra.

Fallguy

what cpu you on there?

that score aint too bad since i used to get about 8000 ish with my ti4200 beore it got overclocked
    though that memory seems pretty low
    A64 3000+ at 3.2ghz
    1gb OCZ Plat 2
    DFI NF4 Ultra-D
    Galaxy 7800GTX
    600W Enermax
    Regassed prommie with R507a

Ah the new updatedness of my sig.

Um,
    CPU is an XP2200. And I have tried swapping an XP1700+ in as well, with not that much difference in overall result.... ?

Fallguy

Thread Information