GeForce 4 ti 4200 (Gainward)
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: GeForce 4 ti 4200 (Gainward)

GeForce 4 ti 4200 (Gainward)

I just installed a Gainward G force 4 ti 4200 vid card, so after installation, I went into the properties tab to look around. I opened the g force adapter tab and noticed under adapter information Bus it had AGP 1x. I'm thinking it should say AGP 4x.
    How can I tell if I'm running my card to its full capabilities? My MB
    is a gigabyte Ga-7IXE4, processor is a T-bird 1.3 ghz with 384 megs of ram. I looked at the bios to make sure agp 4x was enabled, but I did'nt see it anywhere. If anyone else has this card, any info would be more than grateful.

You could try the app AIDA32,
    Click HERE.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

What exactly does this program do, Shinma?
    DFI LANparty UT-DR SLi
    Athlon64 3000+ @2.5Ghz(Venice)
    2GB Mushkin PC3200
    Twin PNY 7900GTX's SLi
    Audigy 2/Logitech Z560's
    21" Gateway Widescreen LCD
    22" Gateway Widescreen LCD

Aida32 is a comprehensive system tool. It details every aspect of your system. Sort of like Sandra in a way but no (or little) benchmarking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Huge; January 11th, 2003 at 01:01 PM.

Thank You Shinma and Huge. I d/ld Aida and its a very nice program
    However, I looked under the chipset diagnostics and seen where my card is running under its capabilities. It said my MB supported AGP speeds of 1x and 2x, and that the current speed is 1x. How do I set the AGP to where it will run at the highest setting? I went in my bios(American Megatrends) Ami and didn't see anywhere to adjust it from 1x to 2x. What to do? It also recommended me to update my bios cause its more than 2 yrs old. The card seems to run fine, I just want to maximize it to run
    like its suppose to Thx.

I went to Gigabyte's website to look for the latest mb drivers for my GA-7IXE4 and am a little confused. My mb is a AMD 750 Irongate. It has a driver listed for amd 750/760 chipset (North Bridge) but it only supports win98se/me/2000. Ok, there is another driver amd 756 southbridge IDE/IRQ driver. It supports win98se/me/nt/2000/ and xp I'm running XP Pro. Which one should I use? The one I need says it doesnt support XP. The other one does, but its a different chipset. I'm trying to increase AGP from 1x to at least 2x. Don't know if my mb supports 4x. Thx.

AMD 750 based boards are AGP 1x & 2x compatible. Double check your BIOS settings under the advanced or intergrated perpherials tab and make sure AGP Mode is set to 2x. If you don't have that option you can download the latest AMD AGP drivers and give them a go, but to be honest you won't see a huge difference between 1x & 2x AGP or 2x vs 4x AGP or 4x vs 8x AGP.

Sincerely,

Best4x4

1x & 2x AGP or 2x vs 4x
    I agree. Not a huge difference. And it depends on which games you play.

Thread Information