cases like this?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: cases like this?

Lightbulb cases like this?

i have a pretty sweet idea in my head for a case mod but i came into a problem when thinking how to make it.

well anyway does anyone know any cases like the one below, that do not have the inset thingys outlined in red. i ask because i am planning on sanding down the case and applying a a reflective black paint on. well i'm planning on taking it to a auto-detailer shop and getting them to do it, do you think they would have problems getting in those cracks or do you think i should find a similar case with a flat front. i would like you guys to find me a case that is the same size or bigger, and i prefer it have a side window like this so i dont have to cut/mod in a window myself. this case on newegg is $80 with a 420W 2 fan P4 psu, i would like a similar price maybe $60-$70 max if it does not come with a psu.

or is there a way i would be able to fill in the cracks with some kind of putty or melted plastic. how do you guys think the final paint job would look in those parts if they were composed of a different material.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    duron 800@900 - asus a7v - 640mb pc133 - radeon 8500le 128mb - sb live - 16x dvd-rom - 48x24x48 burner

hey morphious i remember you saying u wanted that thermaltake case but withou the red bit well they have a new series out and you can have a blue case with a white X it loks really good but probably quite expensive
    A64 3000+ at 3.2ghz
    1gb OCZ Plat 2
    DFI NF4 Ultra-D
    Galaxy 7800GTX
    600W Enermax
    Regassed prommie with R507a

Ah the new updatedness of my sig.

I'd paint it as-is.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

i ordered the case last night. in a couple weeks i am going to lightly sand it, put on some primer and then do alot (4-6) of light coats of paint.
    duron 800@900 - asus a7v - 640mb pc133 - radeon 8500le 128mb - sb live - 16x dvd-rom - 48x24x48 burner

Thread Information