Anyone ever tried Vortex Cooling?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Anyone ever tried Vortex Cooling?

Hybrid View

Anyone ever tried Vortex Cooling?

I ran across this site and was curious if anyone of our hobby had tried it.

Here you can get the vortex tubes ranging from $129 to about $680, and you can get the kit's from $214 to $975.

The only problem I see with this is getting a constant supply of compressed air. I know nothing about compressors and the like, but I really want a cheap way of supercooling I have a mini fridge that I've been wanting to tear apart, but I just don't have the knowledge or how-to. And I think it would be much easier to just encase a heatsink with exaust holes and pump cold air through it. The encasing may not even be necessary.

Anyway, just thought I'd get some input on it. Wondering wether the cost of a big enough tube + a compressor would out do the cost of a prometia of Vapochill PE...
    Woohoo, 14th person to solve the 4D rubik's cube...ever! http://www.superliminal.com/cube/cube.htm

Watch me solve a regular cube in 24.2 seconds at www.rubiks.dk videolist, Daniel Hayes!

Really cool, idea, but I think you'll have two other problems.

First, getting ride of the heated air coming out the other end.

Second, keeping everything from frosting over.
    Last edited by animal18; December 21st, 2002 at 02:56 PM.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

Well, the heated air can be ducted out and away from the system, and the pressure can be controlled so you don't get too cold... all of their vortex tubes come with control valves I think.

Imagine a computer controlled control valve so that when the temp goes up, so does the pressure to balance it out... *drool*.
    Woohoo, 14th person to solve the 4D rubik's cube...ever! http://www.superliminal.com/cube/cube.htm

Watch me solve a regular cube in 24.2 seconds at www.rubiks.dk videolist, Daniel Hayes!

Thread Information