members posting
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: members posting

members posting

I've been noticing lately especially with the new members that come to the forum they will post something, then post the same thing into another forum or very similar like here. It is posted in the Network forum and General forum.

Do you think it would help to make a 'sticky' thread to the members before they post to prevent things like this or etc. that goes here in the HwC forums?
    Eric

Yep. Double or triple posting. Most forums I've seen the Mod's discourage it.
    POS

Super Moderator of networkstoday.com, Moderator aticertify.net, Moderator at techsupportforum.com

I agree that it can be awkward, but I personally don't think it's enough of a problem to warrant another "sticky" sticky.

I have never come across an incident where it has caused excessive confusion or grief and in the past rampant multiple-posting has been quickly dealt with by the mods here.

MuFu.

in general i have found that members tend to police it by leaving comments until moderators get there to close the unecessary threads

i've never seen it become a major problem here at hwc.
    trout are freshwater fish and have underwater weapons
    trout are very valuable and immensely powerful
    keep away from the trout

yeah, ditto. In a year and a half as mod, I've only had to deal with maybe 20 multiple at most. It's not a problem to be honest - it's easy enough to move them, and once a member's seen that the thread's been moved, they rarely do it again. It's not really worth a sticky.
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

i think i've seen more people with site/article feedback confusion
    trout are freshwater fish and have underwater weapons
    trout are very valuable and immensely powerful
    keep away from the trout

nice thing is you can also merge the threads. so all the suggestions can be put into the same thread. :headbang:
    Visit Us at OTCENTRAL.COM
    or
    XIBASE.COM

Yep, it's nice when it's fairly straightforward to do that - usually when one thread has no replies at all. I imagine merging two threads with several posts could create quite the anachronistic mess. :tardbang:

We've been notifying the author via PM if threads are moved/merged to save any notification issues that might arise.

MuFu.

Thread Information