softquadro4 is here
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: softquadro4 is here

softquadro4 is here

i don't know if any of you were aware, but at http://www.guru3d.com they have the new softquadro4 out. this will turn your geforce4 into a quadro4 using only software and is fully reversible. it's under the downloads section. so instead of having a gf4 ti 4400, it now reports as a quadro4 750 xgl.

if anybody needs and help installing it, i can help ya nothing like an upgrade to a video card 3x the value... there is actually an article written about this showing how the quadro4 and geforce4 lines are almost exactly identical...
    Last edited by mbentley; December 10th, 2002 at 01:50 PM.
    asus ncch-dl 2 x intel xeon 3.2 (sl7td) @ 3.6 (16*225) 4 x 512 mb corsair pc3200 2.5-3-3-6 ati r9800 pro 256 mb 2 x wd 74 gb raptor (raid 0) winxp pro sp2

Erm....does the card actually perform like the Quadro XGL750 too?

I remember back in the day about the GeForce2--> Quadro2 hack using a soldering iron and a BIOS flash. It gave a great deal of performance gain in professional apps. However, when it was applied to the GF4MX series of cards, there was no performance gain, despite the card being recognized as a Quadro4MXR...

This is because nVidia got smart and actually did change the core a bit to completely disable the extra features of the Quadro4 line, or so it seemed. Is your card performing any better now in professional/rendering apps?
    Intel Pentium 4 2.53B C1 @2.85GHz (stock volts), watercooled @ 27*C load
    MSI 865PE Neo2-P (i865PE + ICH5), 1GB PC3200 DDR RAM
    ATi Radeon X700Pro 256MB AGP8x
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 160GB SATA, Maxtor DiamondMax 9 Plus 80GB
    NEC DVD-RW (ND-3520A), Lite-On 52/32/52x CD-RW (LTR-52327S)
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2

My Heatware | My Beerology | My eBay rating

Originally posted by DuronClocker
    Erm....does the card actually perform like the Quadro XGL750 too?

I remember back in the day about the GeForce2--> Quadro2 hack using a soldering iron and a BIOS flash. It gave a great deal of performance gain in professional apps. However, when it was applied to the GF4MX series of cards, there was no performance gain, despite the card being recognized as a Quadro4MXR...

This is because nVidia got smart and actually did change the core a bit to completely disable the extra features of the Quadro4 line, or so it seemed. Is your card performing any better now in professional/rendering apps?
    having never used a quadro 4 750 xgl, it's hard to say, but i find that in autocad, it seems to perform a little better believe it or not... i am pretty sure that it isn't as good, but i see some differences speed wise. i figure it's better than nothing... if i get a little more performance, then it's all good. apparently the quadro's are actually clocked a little bit higher in the core/memory than their gf4 counterparts.
    asus ncch-dl 2 x intel xeon 3.2 (sl7td) @ 3.6 (16*225) 4 x 512 mb corsair pc3200 2.5-3-3-6 ati r9800 pro 256 mb 2 x wd 74 gb raptor (raid 0) winxp pro sp2

Thread Information