AOpen H600A
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: AOpen H600A

AOpen H600A

An interesting new case from AOpen.
    It actually does not look bland!

"I know nothing."
    Cheers.

AOpen's design department still has a long way to go before they'll come up with something like the Chieftec Dragon series. The H600A still looks a little bland to me, but at least it's different from the old HX/HQ series. And it's got four 5 1/4" bays, which is a nice improvement.

The idea of having the fans on the side of the drive racks is quite nice, I've been thinking of placing fans there myself, and now they've gone and made it a standard feature. Other than that there's nothing in the internal layout that really sets it apart from other cases. The build quality will probably be as good as ever though

Carpe noctem!

Originally posted by D|sElMiNk:
    ...Chieftec Dragon series...

Better known as the Antec Performance Series.

"I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Finally got around to trying out the AOpen H600A chassis,
    Impressions and nit picking:

Very quick and simple latch to remove front faceplate.
    Includes nice thumbscrews to quickly remove either side panels.
    Overall fit appears to be very good. Tad better than my Antec Performance series.
    Appears to be somewhat less than sturdy than the Antecs. Scrimped on the metal thickness?
    Optical drives (CDROM, CDRW, DVD...) can be attached inside the chassis via drive rails or traditional screw down. Noise level when screwed down and in use, is lower than that when compared to the Antec chassis. Option may also feel better if using mobile racks...
    Power supply included appears to be fine, again, not quite in league with the Antec and/or PC Power & Cooling though.
    Color is ivory rather than the egg shell? white that is shown on the above image.
    Purchase price was slightly lower than that of the Antec SX630 or equivalent.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Very nice server case Shinma..
    That could be the best looking case since I prefer nothing fancy for a server case.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Shinma
    Finally got around to trying out the AOpen H600A chassis,
    Impressions and nit picking:

Very quick and simple latch to remove front faceplate.
    Includes nice thumbscrews to quickly remove either side panels.
    Overall fit appears to be very good. Tad better than my Antec Performance series.
    Appears to be somewhat less than sturdy than the Antecs. Scrimped on the metal thickness?
    Optical drives (CDROM, CDRW, DVD...) can be attached inside the chassis via drive rails or traditional screw down. Noise level when screwed down and in use, is lower than that when compared to the Antec chassis. Option may also feel better if using mobile racks...
    Power supply included appears to be fine, again, not quite in league with the Antec and/or PC Power & Cooling though.
    Color is ivory rather than the egg shell? white that is shown on the above image.
    Purchase price was slightly lower than that of the Antec SX630 or equivalent.
    Thanks for the review Shinma

You're most welcome.

Chassis is just for regular use, although, with all the fan placements, it could run as a small file server or such in a SOHO environment...

For server use,
    This may be the next guinea pig for me...

"I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thread Information