Finally found a fix for NFS Porsche Unleashed and WinXP
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Finally found a fix for NFS Porsche Unleashed and WinXP

Hybrid View

Finally found a fix for NFS Porsche Unleashed and WinXP

Hello all

I know, I know.... NFS Porsche is an older game but I still love playing it!!!

I've been searching for patches, updates or anything at all that would let me play this game with WinXP Home or WinXP Pro and was getting really frustrated because the game freezes here and there constantly.

Not any more!!!! I was asking about a software that would help me to copy my personal games onto a another cd for safe keeping. It's a long story and not worth getting into.

Anyhow, someone suggested that I use CloneCD. I tried it out and it cured ALL PROBLEMS with NFS Porsche and any version of Windows. The game now runs flawlessly.

So for any of you who have given up on this game, try this fix and you'll be so happy.
    The more I learn, the less I know.....

My Beerology
    My Heatware

I still play PU from time to time; it is one of the better looking race sims out there. Glad you found an answer to your problem though.

Thank you, I just hope the info helps other members who haven't found a solution to play NFS Porsche with WinXP.

My Beerology
    My Heatware

That's very strange, since all CloneCD does is make a 1-1 copy. If the original CD didn't work, it makes little sense why a copy would.

Anyway, congrats.

I know it shouldn't make any sense at all, but it does work 100% better.

My Beerology
    My Heatware

Wow, the original doesn't work, but the copy does? I had no idea the original wouldn't work. I only came across my original copy the other day. I might have to pop it in to see. I find this strange because I had no problems installing nfs porsche. Although, I was using a patched copy not my original. Ok, I have to check now, I'm curious about this.

Mine is not a one for one copy, my backup is a patched copy. It seems odd that if it was an exact copy that there would be some difference. Did you patch it at all? Or is it exactly the same. WEll, anyway, I have to see this one myself.

No, it's not a patched copy.

It's my original copy that I got last year for Christmas.

It worked great with Win98SE, but I could never get it to work with WinXP.

I tried all the patches on the net I could find and followed all instructions but it would always freeze with XP. The freezing didn't last long, maybe a second or two but it was getting annoying.

Since I used CloneCD it works like a charm.

No other software for copying cd's like DiskCopy, CDSpace or any other one works with this particular game.

Let me know if it works for you?

My Beerology
    My Heatware

Ok, I tried the original. No problems. It worked fine.

Maybe there was just something wrong with your disk.

Ok, I seem to have encountered your problem now. I installed it fine on my laptop, my desktop, and on a computer I just built for my dad, but on another I just finished building for my mom it wouldn't work, not the original, and not the patched cd either. Well, I guess i need to try your approach to this. I haven't used Clone CD but I guess I'll have to give it a try. What do ya do? You still need to copy it in "raw" mode or something like that? I tried even making a new cracked cd thinkinking that the one I had was scratched or something. What did it do for you, did it go to the point where it said "loading" and just freeze? It did this on an install with the orginal, and with both cracked cds I burned. I can't believe simply burning another copy with Clone CD would fix it, but since it did for you, I guess it might for me. Stranger things have happened!!!

Thread Information