cant get sound out of ati tv-wonder
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: cant get sound out of ati tv-wonder

cant get sound out of ati tv-wonder

I have the ati tv-wonder pci version, and i cant get any audio out of the back 2 speakers in windows 2000? I have the sound blaster live value card and i can get audio out of all 4 speakers in all other audio programs. Can anyone help?

Thanks

I know Windows liked to turn off the back speekers on my sysytem every now and then for no reason and set it to a 2 speaker system. Depending on what version you have, it might only be mono anyways (like my TV Wonder VE I picked up for $30). I also ditched the patch cable for the sound and got a short one that used RCA cables instead. The interferance was pretty bad from the cheap cable. I also had to turn down the mic in on my SB Audigy so it matched the rest of the sound levels on my system. There is still no base, but it works OK. Make sure you download the latest drivers, Cable Guild Plus, and MMC 7.6 beta.

If the front speakers are working though it is likey the sound properties are not set right in Windows. Laad up Creative Labs AudoHQ and goto Speakers and make sure it is set to 4 or 5.1 speakers.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Of corse right now ATI's site is down and the Cable Guild Plus is not updating either and I need to get this weeks cable guild to set my recordings. I've been trying for about two hours now with no luck.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

can some one post a link for the mmc 7.6 bata drivers, because i cant find them on ati's site

They are likely for Windows XP only. Sorry. Maybe it is time to find a **cough** hacked **cough** version of XP and upgrade. I'm pretty pleased with MY WindowsXP Pro. Hee Hee.

Thread Information