Are AHANIX IceBerg WATER COOLER KIT, any good?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Are AHANIX IceBerg WATER COOLER KIT, any good?

Are AHANIX IceBerg WATER COOLER KIT, any good?

I'm new to watercooling and I'm not sure if I should shell out $249 for the INNOVATEK COMPLETE WATER COOLING KIT - SET2 - IN-WC-SET2 or get experience by going w/ the Iceberg for $99. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.
    Epox 8RDA+ (Rev 1.2 w/ C1 Stepping)
    XP 1700+ TBred B (OC'ed 2450 MHz)
    SLK-800(A), Enermax 350W
    Buffalo Technology PC3200, 256MB X 2
    ATI Radeon 9500 Modded to 9700 Pro
    WDC 120 GB (8MB Cache)
    Sony Trinitron 19" & KDS 17" TFT LCD
    Logitech iFeel Optical Mouse

I have no personal experience with either, but I found a few reviews:

Iceberg:
    here
    here
    and here

Innovatek:
    here
    here
    here
    and here

So let us know which one you go with, cause I'm shopping too! (unless I decide to go phase change, like prometia or vapochill....)
    Woohoo, 14th person to solve the 4D rubik's cube...ever! http://www.superliminal.com/cube/cube.htm

Watch me solve a regular cube in 24.2 seconds at www.rubiks.dk videolist, Daniel Hayes!

I've had a look, and I'm unimpressed by the Iceberg. It is better than air cooling if that sites stats are to be believed, and I do like the res/pump setup, so if you're watercooling for noise reasons its probably a good bet. If you're going for better temps though, I'd get the Innovotek.
    AHHH, I think my computer's got a Virus!

Oh no, that's Windows XP

Chimaera: Twin Athlon MP 1900+ @ 1824Mhz, GeForce 3 TI500, 512Megs Crucial RegECC, 100GB Total HDD, SuSE Linux 7.3 + Windoze XP Pro

Very impressed by the Innovatek.

(sorry to screw up your page layout with that pic if you are on <1024x768, BTW)

If you do a search for "Innovatek" and the username "MuFu", there's quite a long thread about it somewhere. Cost me ~120 here in the UK early this year. I know that the current kit is substantially upgraded from the version I have, but $249?! Seems like a lot of money. I guess since it's all German-engineered you guys get hammered on price a little (makes a change, lol).

If you do go for a decent watercooling setup it's really nice to have your fans on pots so you can vary their speed. You can often get away with turning all the fans off when browsing etc and just let the pump/radiator passively cool the CPU. The silence is eerie.

MuFu.

Thread Information