hdd vertical mounting
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: hdd vertical mounting

Question hdd vertical mounting

Is that true if we place our harddisk in the case with vertical mounting it much cooler for hdd than we place it horizontal ??
    I See You In Cyberspace

Depends on chassis in use and surrounding components.

If you are inquiring as to whether heat dissipation is better just because it is in a vertical position as opposed to horizontal, false.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

If you are inquiring as to whether heat dissipation is better just because it is in a vertical position as opposed to horizontal, false.
    Id disagree with you there Shinma. Surely a drive mounted vertically has better convection around it than one mounted horizontally (flat).

If you think about it, when mounted flat, its conceivable that warm air will get 'trapped' on the flat underside and discipate very slowy.

Not sure i explained that too well but i know what i mean

At a guess, it wouldn't make much difference. If you're worried about HD cooling, it's always worth getting a small fan or two in a dedicated HD cooler to keep the temps down. Even the smallest of fans make a huge difference.
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

Thread Information