Ge Force 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Ge Force 2

Ge Force 2

I have an intel 845ebg2 motherboard, and am having major problems installing the AGP graphics card. When I first installed XP on the system, with the card installed, it worked until the computer tried to update the driver...then the screen went blank. I uninstalled the card, put in a PCI card, and restarted the computer with no problems. It works perfectly. So, I tried to put the AGP card in again, and restarted. Then I got a pixelated screen that wouldn't let me do much. I finally tried to update the driver (even with the pixelated - hard to view screen), but when it tried to restart, again I got the blank screen. I can't figure out what to do. The XP version I have is brand new, and I downloaded a new driver. But all to no avail.....if anyone's got any ideas, I'd appreciate it.

bob

Windows XP has a rollback feature (Windows restore or something like that). Set it back a few days befor the trouble started. Windows update is nice for Windows patches and security fixes, but never use it for driver updates. It installed drivers for my ATI TV Wonder VE (TV tuner card) and it turned out they were for a video in card from another company. I used the Windows restore, but later found out I could have manually forced the ATI drivers to install over the other one to fix it.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Thanks...I'll give it a try.

bob

Thread Information