Blue LED's in front of Antec/Chieftec case?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Blue LED's in front of Antec/Chieftec case?

Blue LED's in front of Antec/Chieftec case?

Has anyone here changed out the stock LED's from the front of their Antec/Chieftec case? If so, how difficult was it? I would like to put blue LED's in mine, and the front LED's don't seem to be that easy to get to.

Steve
    ASUS CUSL2-C
    1 GHz P3 @ 1.2 GHz
    256 MB PC150 RAM
    40GB Maxtor 7200rpm
    20GB Maxtor 7200rpm
    Gainward Geforce 3
    Creative Audigy
    Lite-on 40x12x48x CDRW
    Lite On 163 DVD
    Elan Vital T-10AB case

The front bezel on the Antec and likely the Cheiftec since they are basically the same comes off. The LEDs are just fit into a little socket and are held in place with a dot of hot glue. The wires are easy to get to. Should be pretty easy. I have the Antec SX 630. The Cheiftec is based on the Antec SX 1030.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

I've got a coolmaster ATC-710. It's a Cheiftec other than the front panel, and came with a blue LED as standard. Even if you don't get a blue LED on it, it'd be easy enough to mod. If you can spare the cash, I'd highly recommend the coolermaster:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

Thread Information