Is WarCraft III giving you problems like mine ?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is WarCraft III giving you problems like mine ?

Question Is WarCraft III giving you problems like mine ?

Hi,

I'm having a problem playing WarCraft III for several minutes. I can only play the game for about 30 minutes and then it starts to crash ! It sends me back to Windows. When I attempt to load the game again where I left off, it crashes back to Windows again. I have to switch off the computer for about 1 hour before I can resume playing again. But only to crash again after about 30 minutes of play !! What is the problem here ? I can play other games like Half-Life and Counter-Strike without any problems. I've tried installing the latest WarCraft III patch but the problem remains ! Will there be any more patches in the future to rectify this problem ?

My System specs:

AMD Athlon XP 1800+ processor
    ECS K7VTA3 Socket A rev3.1 mainboard
    INNO3D GeForce 2 MX 400 64 MB AGP graphics adapter
    128MB DDR-SDRAM Crucial brand
    Creative Vibra 128 PCI
    8.01 GB HDD
    300Watts Power Supply Unit

Yes, I have been trying to get wc3 to work without crashing out to windows for about a week now. I have tried it with win98, me and 2000 and removed all non essential hardware/software, etc....Still working on it. Max payne works real good though....

I've noticed it'll crash out on my system with an Asus V7100 Deluxe Combo (GeForce2 MX), yet I have no problems with it on my system with a Radeon 8500 128MB in it. Could it be pure co-incidence that the problems are occuring on your system which has a GeForce2 MX as well?

Maybe so. But I kinda doubt it. Did your GeForce2 MX uses nVidia's lastest Detonator XP drivers or its manufacturer's drivers ? I wouldn't know if the Detonator XP drivers could solve both our problems !

I'm using the Asus drivers. Without them, the TV-Tuner and such on the card don't work.

Wink

Well ... mine has no TV-tuner features. But I need to know if the nVidia's Detonator XP drivers will work with my Inno3D GeForce 2 MX 400 graphics card ? Is it compatible ? Should I try ? Will there be any risks of damaging my card ?

Anyway, any news of Blizzard coming up with any new patches for WarCraft III anytime soon ?

You may want to check Blizzard's support site... update your drivers, patch WC3, and search their knowledge base... almost all software problems are fixed with those simple steps.
    "I will show you fear in a handful of dust."

Do you happen to have any cd emulators running or installed (Daemon, img files etc) ? If so get rid of them and try again. Worked for me....dunno why?.....but it worked
    Barton 2500+ @ 230*10.5
    Abit NF7

Watercooled w/ #Rotor block

2x256 Corsair XMS PC3200
    Radeon 9700 Pro
    Hercules GTXP
    120GB Seagate Barracuda
    Antec 1080B w/Antec 430W

I've been running version 1.01 since I got it (which is the latest as far as I'm aware). No emulators or anything loaded, the game is legal, I have the collectors edition pack.

I haven't tried looking through the knowledge base and such though, so that might be worth a shot.

sounds like drivers possibly a heat problem??? if you have to wait an hour before it will work without crashing it sounds alot like its overheating.

Wink

hmm ... maybe morphious is right. Though I'm not quite sure.

Here's my pc temp taken from my pc health monitor:

System temp: 47 degrees celsius
    CPU temp : 50 - 53 degrees celsius
    CPU fan speed : 5300 - 5600 rpm

Can my Athlon XP 1800+ cpu work well under these temps ? My cpu fan is a Master-Cooler brand and supports up to 2 GHz processors. What's your opinion ?

Now I have a new problem ! I couldn't get to the chapter on "The
    Culling" of the Human campaign in WC3 ! Each time my pc tries to
    load that mission, it throws me back to Windows without any error messages or any blue screens ! Is this happening to anyone
    with about the same pc config'n as mine ??

And I don't have any cd emulators like what Nukfutz is saying.

i dont know about that, but check out your video card temp if you can. you can also try to play a different game when it crashes and see if you have any problems, if you do its most likely that something is overheating. also email blizzard about you problem they might know about it and have a fix.

Originally posted by Terranova
    System temp: 47 degrees celsius
    your system temp is HIGH . Try adding some intake and exhaust fans in your case.

At the very least, add an exhaust fan at the back of your case
    Barton 2500+ @ 230*10.5
    Abit NF7

Watercooled w/ #Rotor block

2x256 Corsair XMS PC3200
    Radeon 9700 Pro
    Hercules GTXP
    120GB Seagate Barracuda
    Antec 1080B w/Antec 430W

Well, that I already have Nukfutz ! My DIY pc case comes with a built-in casing exhaust fan at the back. I've checked to see if it's working properly and it does ! Warm air comes out of the fan at the back of my casing. But well ... my system temp remains the same.

Is there anything else I could do to improve this ?

And as morphious suggested, I've been playing online games like Counter-Strike and Half-Life on my pc and they haven't given me any crashes or errors, basically no problems !

When I asked my friends abt WC3, they also experienced the same crashes like mine ! But the funny thing is, one of my friends
    who has a Pentium 1 pc and it is quite aged, and bought a pirated WC3 copy, doesn't experience any lock-ups or crashes during gameplay !!! Hmm ... Whatcha fellas think ??

I experienced that as well on my friend's pc but not on mine. He's using XP 1800+ on Abit AT7E with 512MB RAM while mine's only a 1.2GHz Duron on a cheap Epox 8KHA+. That's a wonder.

I solved it by changing the bus ratio to 5-2-1. Never crash anymore. Not even once!
    Me, boring guy

Thread Information