We've been spammed!!!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: We've been spammed!!!

We've been spammed!!!

This Free T-shirt for talking about CPUs at CPU-Planet.com sounds like we've been spammed. Maybe we should go over there and fill up their message board with spam too. Of coarse they would at least get some posts then. Hopefully a moderator deletes all of the spam (and probably this massage too). Just voicing my opinion I guess.

PS he his most of the boards here. Isn't anything sacred anymore?
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

If you read the spamming, you'd see that it was sponsored by HWC or rather its owners. How else do you think a spam could become sticky?

i went and joined. its a new forum owned by internet.com and pushed both here and at sharky's since i think it owns both.

so far all it is is spam from people who want free t-shirts, but i think some decent tech threads on CPU's may emerge there eventually

Yes well HWC moderators should have made some sort of comment about that as it looks like spam, smells like spam, and tastes like spam, therefor it is spam. It would have tasted better if the post stated it was sancined by HWC. I did not notice it was sticky until it did not move down after my post. Then I started to wonder.

Humm. Maybe I could post 1000 messages saying I want a free T-shirt.

I hope they don't leave the post up all week. I still think is sucks.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Maybe HWC will have 3 or 4 stickeys per forum soon, just like anandtech.
    Last edited by hat; September 23rd, 2002 at 08:57 PM.
    AMD Athlon 1600XP @1596 w/AX-7+Panaflo H1A
    Epox 8K3A
    512 MB Crucial PC2100 Fast settings
    30 GB WD HDD
    LiteOn 40x12x48
    Aopen 56x
    Gainward Geforce 2 Ti 261/554
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
    XP Pro

Ouch that hurts. I have not looked at many other forums in a long time. I like this one the best. Very little flame wors, lots of knowledgable people, and good advice. 4 years later and I'm still here. I sometimes wish we had a few more people posting here, though.

Originally posted by Todd a

Humm. Maybe I could post 1000 messages saying I want a free T-shirt.
    theres already 20 people doing that. 90% of the content is just like toolbox's 'longest thread ever.' theres users there that have posted over 100 times since the site opened about 10 hours ago.

except CPUPlanet has NO moderation so far, and just 1 forum

yea i posted a few myself, but i want to keep the relevant threads near the top.

Originally posted by Todd a
    I have not looked at many other forums in a long time. I like this one the best. Very little flame wors, lots of knowledgable people, and good advice.
    I poke around some other forums, but this is the only one i'm a member of. What you said is the main reason for it.
    AMD Athlon 1600XP @1596 w/AX-7+Panaflo H1A
    Epox 8K3A
    512 MB Crucial PC2100 Fast settings
    30 GB WD HDD
    LiteOn 40x12x48
    Aopen 56x
    Gainward Geforce 2 Ti 261/554
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
    XP Pro

Originally posted by hat

I poke around some other forums, but this is the only one i'm a member of. What you said is the main reason for it.
    My alter ego is a member of the MadOnion forums. You have to have an alter ego to post at that place...

I've received an email from Rich Hein regarding this new forum last week to the moderators. I thought is was only a joke. But seeing that that the new forum does exist, maybe it's the real deal after all..I'll move this to Feedbacks and suggestions...

Step one: run everyone off

Step two: give away free T-shirts to lure them back.

Step three: fail

wow... haven't been back to this place in a while... glad i remembered to bring my

sure reeks of spamblings to me!

i guess it's just hard when i'm coming from a place with no rules, no ads, and definately no bs...
    No Rules, No Ads, No BS....

The Overclockers Network

MitchSchaft Guest
    I'm guessing they want another forum so people will feel excited and special and a new place to post. Which will bring ineternet.com more revenue with the traffic. Makes you wonder what kind of *******es run internet.com. They already have PC hardware forums, why another one?

Oh dear.

At the end I tried to be a good moderator and be fair to all.

This place has gone down down down.

dooby-do down

i somehow doubt the mods, or even the admins, even got asked about it
    trout are freshwater fish and have underwater weapons
    trout are very valuable and immensely powerful
    keep away from the trout

Thread Information