MSI Ti4400vtd GPU heatsink not the one pictured...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: MSI Ti4400vtd GPU heatsink not the one pictured...

MSI Ti4400vtd GPU heatsink not the one pictured...

I got my MSI Ti4400vtd card today and the heatsink on the GPU is not at all like the photo on the MSI website.

It is supposed to have a polished aluminum looking heatsink with a clear cover. It actually has a cheap grey looking heatsink with a cover that has an MSI sticker logo on it.

Anyone else noticed this? Why doesn't MSI show the real photo of the heatsink?

Did you get the OEM version of the card?

MuFu.
    Opteron 144@2.8GHz (stock HS/fan), Asus A8N-SLI SE (passive NB), 1.5GB RAM (2:3:2:5, 2T), WD Raptor 740GD 74GB, Maxtor DM10 300GB, Asus EN7600GT SILENT@???, M-Audio Revo 7.1, Nebula DigiTV, Dell 2005FPW, Enermax 431W Active.

Mine resembled the site's photo but didn't work worth a shyte. I RMA'd the SOB and I am done with MSI.

Best of luck with your's.

MuFu. . .

I got the retail version from GameVE. But when you said OEM, I realized it actually is the OEM heatsink.

I said above that it had the MSI logo on the cover, but it is just the fan with MSI. The cover has the purple Geforce4 Nvidia logo.

It was advertised as retail and the photo showed the MSI heatsink. And it came with the full software/hardware bundle. But it has the OEM heatsink for some reason.

Thumbs down

I called GameVE and asked them why the MSI Ti4400-vtd I got looks completely different from the one pictured on their website and on MSI's website. They said that MSI is now shipping the card with a different looking heatsink.

If this is true (which I find hard to believe) why doesn't MSI or GameVE put a photo of this new version on their website? Of course I can't get any answer from MSI themselves because their tech support sucks so bad they don't even answer e-mails.

Even though it looks crappier, I decided to try it because I really only care about how it performs. So far, it's nothing but crash after crash so I will probably RMA the SOB.

Strange?

I do not think that GameVE is lieing. I got a retail MSI-Ti4200 64mb card from GameVE and it looked just like the one in the photo on both the MSI and GameVE sites, of course that was about a month and a half ago so they may have changed the HSF on them. Do not know why I told you this. I agree though, if MSI is changing something, they have to update there pics and get those pics out to the people that are selling there cards.
    Current System
    - Antec Nine Hundred
    - Q6600 G0 Stepping @ 3.0GHz
    - Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6
    - Corsair XMS2 (4x1GB) PC2-8500
    - eVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    - PC P&C Silencer 750 Quad
    - Enhance Technology Quadrapack Q14SS
    - HP Smart Array P400 SAS/SATA Controller w/ 512MB BBWC
    - 4 x 72g 15,000rpm 2.5inch SAS Drives @ RAID5
    - 2 x 750g 7,200rpm 3.5inch SATA Drives @ RAID1
    - 2 x LG DVD±R Burners