RTCW How do you do it?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: RTCW How do you do it?

Hybrid View

RTCW How do you do it?

How in the hell can you beat that Big gorrilla that spits out the ghosts, and makes you see black while your life is quickly dissolving away? Man I've tried over & over, on EASY mode till I'm tired of trying. Is there a secret weapon to use? That big dude sucks! Please help, I wanna try and finish the game, haha!

aahahahaa sorry about that, but you've just reminded me of what I went through with that monster! anyways, what you could try is hidding behind those pillers after shooting for awhile.. try and run in circles to dodge those ghosts, don't be afraid to get close to the monster, it kinda helps in dodging... and.. keep shooting! it's not an easy mission indeed.
    Good Luck!
    "There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their home."

Ken Olson (President of Digital Equipment Corporation), Convention of the World Future Society in Boston, 1977

Finished it my 3rd or 4th try. First of all make sure you have 100% health in you start. Second, run up to the gate he comes out of....drop a grenade or three there.....he pauses for a second to break the gate and you can get al three grenades to frag him pretty good there if you time it right. Next keep moooving. hide behind pillars.

At one point I jumped and landed on top of some goblins and ran across the heads of three of them before landing on the other side....I was laughing so hard I almost peed.

You just have to run...line up on him and shoot a couple...and run again. Dont let the flying ghosts get you.

It will take almost all of your ammo and almost all of your health by the time he is defeated.

I think I had to use my sniper rifle to take out the last couple of ghools.
    Nforce 2 Mobo-oem stock
    Athlon Xp3000-Stock
    768 mgs PC2100 @ 2.5/3/3
    Radeon 9700 PRO/365/342
    Western Digital 8mg cache ATA-133/160G/7200 HD
    Win XP Home SP1
    19" KDS "Extreme Flat"

Laptop
    Athlon 64 3200+
    512mg Ram
    Mobile Radeon 9600
    80G Hard Drive

You can beat him the way everyone else suggested, or you can be cheap
    After you have stirred things up a bit (killed most of the zombies and lured the big ape out) just run back to the room where you started with all the ammo and health; He cannot follow you there or torment you with his flying ghosts. Since he can't do anything, he will just stand there in the courtyard doing nothing. You then go back out of your safe room and just peek around the corner at the top of the draw. Just get around far enough to see part of him, then whip out your mauser and pop him one, preferbly in the head; he will start walking towards you, keep on firing. After two or three shots, head back to your cave, he will then be spitting out a hoard of ghosts, but they won't follow you inside. After you have waited a few seconds repeat the process.

I know it's cheap and takes some of the fun out of it, but if all else fails

Thanks alot for the help! at least now I know it is possible. I suck at gaming but I like this game and want to finish it. Heck I thought those girls in black leather were hard, this big guy is super tough! Thanks again.

Yea, alot of people said wolf's single player wasn't very good at all, but I thought it was great. I beat it once on easy and twice on hard; had a great time all three times through.

Are we talking about the final boss (Rob Zombie if you ask me) or Helga?
    now that my specs are respectable, I might as well list them again:

2500+ Barton @ 2346mhz, Swiftech MC462a/80mm Sanyo Denki fan
    Abit NF7-S v 2.0
    2x256 Ocz PC3500 DDR
    128 mb ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
    Lian-Li PC-68 case
    Enermax 431 watt PS
    blah blah blah
    blah blah blah

Helga.

Someone want to tell me where the "snooper" rifle is on the very next level?

I have used my stealth killing to eliminate every enemy but the last. Ive walked the entire level twice, been up on all the towers, been in every buidling and inspected the truck that you leave on.

the objectives say it was air-dropped, maybe Im stupid, all I can find is the one air drop across the pond....no rifle there.

Where is it?????????????????/
    Nforce 2 Mobo-oem stock
    Athlon Xp3000-Stock
    768 mgs PC2100 @ 2.5/3/3
    Radeon 9700 PRO/365/342
    Western Digital 8mg cache ATA-133/160G/7200 HD
    Win XP Home SP1
    19" KDS "Extreme Flat"

Laptop
    Athlon 64 3200+
    512mg Ram
    Mobile Radeon 9600
    80G Hard Drive

It's been a while but I think I remember where it is. After you have passed the 1st part of the level and have gone through the tunnel, you just continue straight. Just keep going past the guard tower and to the 50 cal. machine gun. Just keep on going straight. When you can't go any further, the snooper rifle will be there lying at the bottom of the hill...

yeah, just like what RDX said. The air drop you're talking about is not the one, there's a second one, way further , just keep on moving in, you'll find it eventually Strange how I still remember most of the RTCW missions eventhough it's been quite a while, unlike MOHAA.
    "There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their home."

Ken Olson (President of Digital Equipment Corporation), Convention of the World Future Society in Boston, 1977

Beat the gorilla a couple of times now, peice of cake! I'm loving the next levels, at the place where you have to steal the plane and fly away. I think overall this game is better than MOHAA, more to it, different types of challenging levels, and it is a little harder IMHO. What is up with the 2 sniper rifles? the scopes dont work, no zoom and no dot or crosshaires to aim with. I haven't even used them, seems pointless.

What is up with the 2 sniper rifles? the scopes dont work, no zoom and no dot or crosshaires to aim with. I haven't even used them, seems pointless.
    It's been a while but pushing XorZ should get the scopes to work and you should get a crosshair.
    Michael

Originally posted by Dr. Data
    Someone want to tell me where the "snooper" rifle is on the very next level?

I have used my stealth killing to eliminate every enemy but the last. Ive walked the entire level twice, been up on all the towers, been in every buidling and inspected the truck that you leave on.

the objectives say it was air-dropped, maybe Im stupid, all I can find is the one air drop across the pond....no rifle there.

Where is it?????????????????/
    -----------------------------------
    | [RECOVER OSA M1S "SNOOPER" RIFLE] |
    -----------------------------------
    Go forward (you can't climb the steep slopes) until you reach a ruined barn.
    There is a sentry patrolling outside so get rid of him silently. If you
    approach the barn un-noticed you'll hear two guards talking about the
    parachute across the lake. Dispatch both of them and go in the water towards
    the tree with a parachute stuck in it. Under the tree is the first supply
    crate, containing a Colt, some .45 ammo and health bags. Grab the loot and
    head back to the barn. Now keep going in the valley until you reach a small
    house. You'll know you're there when you see two planes pass overhead.
    Silently take care of the sentry outside and the other one inside the house.

Now if you look around you'll see a guard tower and a bridge down the road
    near the house. If you look closer with your binoculars, you'll see one sentry
    in the guard tower and two guarding the bridge. If you go that way you'll be
    spotted for sure. So instead go behind the house and follow the mountain wall
    to a tunnel. Then go through the mountains left of the tunnel. You'll pass
    behind the first guard tower, past the river and eventually see a second guard
    tower up ahead. The sentry up there isn't looking in your direction, but he'll
    hear you if you make a lot of noise. So quietly sneak to the guard tower and
    climb it up to get rid of him. Hopefully the guards at the bridge didn't see
    you. You can look at them with the binoculars to make sure they have their
    backs turned beforehand.

Now climb back down and go in the tunnel ahead of you. While the guards at the
    other end are checking up on the truck, quickly sneak to the door with a red
    light in the right wall. Follow the passage behind the door and it will lead
    you up above through a hatch on the other side of the tunnel. From this
    position you can see the forest compound down the road. It is well guarded
    however, so turn around and follow the mountain path. Soon you'll reach a
    small fortified position with an MG-42 gun and two guards, so kill them
    quietly. There's an armored helmet by the alarm switch if you're interested.
    Now face the MG-42, and turn around. Go forward and near the mountain wall
    you'll see another parachute with the second drop container. There you'll find
    health, some more ammo, a Thompson and the Snooper rifle!

From: http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/dosw...fenstein_a.txt
    Michael

Thread Information