temp
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: temp

temp

hi guys , how do you get the temp in their pc's? Is there a Hardware for this ? sorry for my ignorance

Wink

I used software with my msi board or you can download hardware monitor
    Amd Xp 1900+
    Xp pro/98se
    geforce 4 ti4600

Most computers have the hardware built in. All Intel CPU from the PII on have a thermal Diod built into the CPU itself that the motherboard can read. Most AMD systems have a thermal diode under the CPU in the Socket to detect the temperature. There are also thermal diodes built into the Northbridge chip on the motherboard to detect the chipset or motherboard temp. Some also have another diode on the motherboard somewhere to detect case temps. A few even have a probe that you can plug in and attch to something like a hard drive or graphics card. Some hard drives and graphics cards also have thermal diodes, but they are not commonly used.

The temps are monitored in the system BIOS or with a software tool that runs under Windows. All VIA chipset based motherboards come wioth VIA Hardware Monitor, but you can also download other utilities like Motherboard Monitor or CPU Cool to moniotr thwe temp. These programs can detect usually up to three temperature diodes and moniotor at least 2 fan speeds. They also monitor CPU useage, memory and voltages if you want. They can sound alarms if something is running out of range or even turn on cooling features or shut down the computers if needed to save your system if, say, a fan fails.

There are also hardware devises that can do most of these features if your system does not support them. The most well known is the Digital Doc 5. It has an LCD desplay and several probs and plugs to monitar and even controll several fans, and temp sensors. You can also get simple temp probes from Radio Shack if you just want to display a single temp of something you have attached a simple probe to.

Hope this explains things a bit better.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

where i can find these programs , hardware monitor,cpu monitor,motherboard monitor ,etc ?

THANKS anyways, you guys are the best

You could always just try a search engine to find it, but if you must be lazy I can check for you.

I went to Webcrawler and their homesite was the second one on the list just seaching under "MBM".

http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

If you look under MBM downloads, you will find a list of links for downloading. You don't list a location, so I'm pick a US link:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=311
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Thread Information