"The ideal water block" - Page 12
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: "The ideal water block"

I posted a detailed message here a few days ago, I don't know what happened. I don't have a lot of time to write right now. The iron mold is a improved design based on the one that worked better (the "big" one)

The clips will only be made when I got some extra money and time, like a month...

The iron mold was very hard to make so it took a lot of time, I also ordered some new casting gear that should arrive tomorrow so I won't have the use the old carbon "bucket" that could have a little sand on it, the casting process will be 100% clean. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Thanks
    Bruno

Nice to see this thread up at the top of the boards again. I haven't been around this forum much lately. Been sticking to the Motherboards and Video Cards sections. Didn't have a main system for a while, but I got a review sample of an Abit BG7E (next gen Abit board), so I have a working P4 system now that I can actually afford

Sounds like the project is coming along nicely Hope a couple of them are done soon....I need a CPU cooler for this P4 now since I may be getting rid of the heatsink I have here for it..
    Intel Pentium 4 2.53B C1 @2.85GHz (stock volts), watercooled @ 27*C load
    MSI 865PE Neo2-P (i865PE + ICH5), 1GB PC3200 DDR RAM
    ATi Radeon X700Pro 256MB AGP8x
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 160GB SATA, Maxtor DiamondMax 9 Plus 80GB
    NEC DVD-RW (ND-3520A), Lite-On 52/32/52x CD-RW (LTR-52327S)
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2

My Heatware | My Beerology | My eBay rating

I would ask the people who are/were following this thread to read trough this whole post, everything written here is very important.

I'm not the kind of person who usually give up on things before I'm sure it's really time to give up, as in there's nothing more I can do, you should know that by now since I started this thread on july and since then I'm doing everything I can to make it happen. Right now I'm being forced to get some "vacation" until around january 10th, here are the reasons for this:

- The workshop who was doing the milling (for the finnish, sanding was not good enough and I don't have a miller), cutting the metal plates for the tops (I also don't have a good way to do this) and punching holes on them is going on vacation starting now and getting back at january 7th.

- I'm way over my head in debts, making water blocks may seem cheap to some people but series production is a whole different thing. I owe a lot of money to the bank and to a couple of people who has loaned me some money, I would need some more to finish this project now but I have no place to get it. For you to have an idea, I have a PC that I guess can be considered a very nice one (XP1800, geforce 4 mx440, 80gb 7200rpm ata133, 256mb nanya DDR...) and I would have to sell like three PCs like this one to pay for what I owe. It may not seem much to some but it sure is for me.

- I'm the kind of person who always try to stay away for trouble because I think trouble only brings more and more trouble but sometimes trouble just comes after you (that sucks). I'm in some deep personal trouble right now, stuff I have no reason to write here but I expect to have it solved by january.

There has been some problems with the iron mold and I couldn't get a single good piece out of it, I really think these problems can be fixed but that would require some more money that I don't have right now, and my resources for getting it are depleted.

I hope to be back by the time I told you and I hope to be able to make this project happen.

I'd like to thank everyone who has helped me and shared their toughts/knowledge so far, I think people can learn a lot fro this thread.

Thank you very much everyone and I'm sorry for the bad news.

Bruno Facca

Everybody needs a vacation. Its been about 6 months what's another month or so. Don't just give up though.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

I agree with Todd. Take a break for a little while, but keep it goin when you get things back on track Good luck!
    Intel Pentium 4 2.53B C1 @2.85GHz (stock volts), watercooled @ 27*C load
    MSI 865PE Neo2-P (i865PE + ICH5), 1GB PC3200 DDR RAM
    ATi Radeon X700Pro 256MB AGP8x
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 160GB SATA, Maxtor DiamondMax 9 Plus 80GB
    NEC DVD-RW (ND-3520A), Lite-On 52/32/52x CD-RW (LTR-52327S)
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2

My Heatware | My Beerology | My eBay rating

Hey by the way, what are these bad molds look like. Maybe you can salvage a few of the bad ones. The only thing I care about isthat the bottom is smooth, it does not leak, and the path does not have any breaks or crossovers in it (leaving dead spots. Air pockets or pits are no big deal. I don't need mine painted, I just need it functional.

As for the mold. I have done some work with aluminum molding in sand molds and injection plastic molding mpore recently, I know for plastic molding you sometimes need extra fill points. You might need to heat the tool first. You might need bleeders (little lines to let air out and usually a little matterial that will need to be trimmed). The bleeders are more important for the aluminum molds as the material is not forced in, but settles in with gravity.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Thread Information