what was the first game you couldn't stop playing?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what was the first game you couldn't stop playing?

what was the first game you couldn't stop playing?

Lemmings on an Amiga 3500(?)

I was on this thing for days!....eventually, my body gave up and I had to sleep...but I had really F$%!ed up nightmares with lemmings that night.

Lemming nightmares LOL

Hmm... lets see. I guess I didn't really get fully addicted to a game until Settlers on PC. I couldn't stop playing it!! Funny thing is, I only ever had the demo, which only gave you half hours worth of gameplay if that.

Soon after came Transport Tycoon. I spent years playing that. Not so much by choice, rather the old 3x86 was sooo slow, it took forever for the game to advance and finally reach the finishing year. I played it again recently on my Tbird 800 and finished it in a few days

Tomb Raider The first one

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

DOOM II on my 486/DX2 50 MHz... game scared the HELL outta me :P
    "I will show you fear in a handful of dust."

Mike Tyson's Punchout (later released as just "Punchout" after Tyson's rape conviction lol) on NES. It took me forever to figure out how to beat King Hippo and even longer to beat the last two bosses. I've never been addicted to any PC game except maybe Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Consoles have always held more allure, but that's beginning to change now...
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

LOL I definately remember Punchout Wraithchild! But, the very first game that got me hooked on the computer was the old D&D Gold Box Pool Of Radiance! I loved that game! I liked the turn-based combat and the different weapons and armor you could get. Although it only has CGA graphics, I thought it was the best out there at that time!

Unfortunately, IMO , the new Pool Of Radiance doesn't even come close to the original.

Duck Hunt... I broke taht out the other day. It is still a badass game to this day.
    If god hadn't intended for us to eat animals then why'd he make them out of meat?

Zelda, Contra and punchout on nes and final fantasy 2 on Snes.

DoubleDragon on nes also.

MAybe some Castlevania on nes and Snes. Anyone else like the castlevania series? ( Simons Quest )

RainbowSix on Pc. and now

operation-flashpoint nuf said.
    Asus P5Q
    Intel core 2 Duo 3ghz 1333 fsb 6mb L2 cache
    OCZ Gold XTC 4GB DDR2-1066
    Asus ati3870 512mb pci express 16
    80Gig Hd Sata
    Vista Home premium

Arrow Descent all the Way!

I played Descent I and II online for 6-7 years in a row. That game was ****ing addicting. Too bad it died out. =(

HeHeHehe....the olden goodies. I still have clear visions of these two games that realy captured me :

1. BattleTech : The Crecent Hawks Enception - a turn based game that envolved the Mech and Mechwarrior Universe. PLayed that thing for hours.

2. The ever so painfull in the bud at times was Zeliard. Played that game about for 3 months straight to finish it. Stll wish there could be a remake or perhaps a sequal caue the end of the game it realy didn't seem quite over.

I played both these games on my old XT with just 2x720 Floppy drives and a monochrome screen. .... I know ouch. No HDD.

Defender on the Atari 2600. Once I got up to wave 43 before I fell asleep in front of the TV.

Ping Pong on a IBM PC Jr w/128K ram. That little white dot would fly with processor running @ 4.7 mhz! On the coin games I used to like Tron, Ms Pac-Man, Street Fighter. Now its UT online and Medal of Honor AA offline.

Quake Team Fortress

It was a great game with all the shadows to hide in. The new TF mods suck with maps completely lit

I would have to say Legen Of Zelda: A Link To The Past on the SNES. Played that over and over. Then there was Goldeneye an Perfect Dark...

Ahhhh....Goldeneye, lost a lot of hours of my life that Ill never get back playing that game...
    DFI LANparty UT-DR SLi
    Athlon64 3000+ @2.5Ghz(Venice)
    2GB Mushkin PC3200
    Twin PNY 7900GTX's SLi
    Audigy 2/Logitech Z560's
    21" Gateway Widescreen LCD
    22" Gateway Widescreen LCD

Galaga (not to be confused with Galaxian)

I have saved the world from evil bird like aliens dropping bombs on the planet with my trusty spaceship and three lives more times than you might believe.
    Nforce 2 Mobo-oem stock
    Athlon Xp3000-Stock
    768 mgs PC2100 @ 2.5/3/3
    Radeon 9700 PRO/365/342
    Western Digital 8mg cache ATA-133/160G/7200 HD
    Win XP Home SP1
    19" KDS "Extreme Flat"

Laptop
    Athlon 64 3200+
    512mg Ram
    Mobile Radeon 9600
    80G Hard Drive