Ok, anybody here have an 8500 AIW 128MB bios.bin I can have?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Ok, anybody here have an 8500 AIW 128MB bios.bin I can have?

MitchSchaft Guest

Ok, anybody here have an 8500 AIW 128MB bios.bin I can have?

Recently I decided to update the bios in my 8500 all in wonder 128MB to the 7006 version.
    Well, that didn't work. I flashed it and nothing came up. It took me forever to figure this out, but eventually I was able to get an older 8500 64MB non-AIW bios to work in it. It came from the radeon8500.zip. The bios is called r8500n.bin. I don't know if it has to do with the sizes of the bios, but I've tried 3 and only that 1 worked. The original one I tried was the 7006nsct.bin for the 128MB versions. I don't know why, but it didn't work. After I flashed it, I rebooted and nothing would come up at all. I had to get my old gf2 out. I ended using a PCI card in conjunction with the Radeon to get the bios to flash. But, it's the incorrect bios for my card and it is almost a year old.

What I need from you guys is someone with an 8500 AIW 128MB bios from their card that I could possibly flash into my card. Can anyone help me with this?

I'm assuming you didn't make a backup before you flashed? Some flash programs do that automagically, but I figger you're smart enough to find that. Check out rage3d. Someone there will be able to help you for sure
    Opteron 148@2805(255x11-1.4v)
    Stock cooling(until I get a water block)
    Asrock 939Dual-SATAII
    1GB PC3200 OCZ Gold EL(2-2-2-8-2 1T 5:6 Divider)
    Sapphire X800GTO2(520/580 - Unlocked 16 Pipes)
    Antec TruePower 550 vmodded
    2x Western Digital WD-1200JS(RAID0)
    Lite-ON 1633S DVDRW
    Gentoo 2.6.14-nitro2

MitchSchaft Guest
    Actually, somebody extracted a bios from their card over at driverheaven's forums. It's version 7006, too, the one I originally wanted. I don't know why, but I think the drivers that I found are not made for the AIW card. That's the only thing I could come up with. So, folks, if you have an AIW, don't flash your bios 'cause it's not worth the pain and suffering. There is hardly any info on flashing ATI cards either. Nothing like NVidia. But if anybody needs a copy, lot me know I'll send it to you.
    I'm up and running again for the most part!

Thread Information