MOHAA and MOH Frontline, are they the same game?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: MOHAA and MOH Frontline, are they the same game?

Hybrid View

Question MOHAA and MOH Frontline, are they the same game?

I've rented Medal of Honor Frontline and just about finished it. I'd really prefer to play MOHAA on a PC with the proper controls, but if the two games are identical I can't see much reason to buy it.

I haven't played Frontline, but from what I've read and seen it looks like they only have one of the six missions in common - the beach landing.

Ahhh but what a level huh? That level was great fun. Took me ages to get past the bangalors...
    Then when i was shooting at the people in the sandbag bunkers with the big guns, i kept getting stuck out in the open, cos i'd stick my head out, and the dude behind me would creep up behind me and i wouldn't be able to step backwards to safety!!!
    Thank god for medics though!

This game is so good. It really does seem more like an experience than a game. I think the music really helps set the tone.
    Looking forward to playing MOHAA on PC, where the framerate won't take a nosedive into the single digits every time I look left or right. Sure wish developers could make better adjustments for the PS2's very obvious limitations.

There are many subtle differences between the two games that I am aware of. Namely the death animations. In the PS2 Frontline version, they have more elaborate death sequences. Such as: holding throat and bleeding, holding guts in, touching ones would and looking at the blood(sweet!) and a few others that I cant remember off-hand. The PC version's death scnes are pretty much nonexistent, there isnt even any blood. Also a lot of the level design is different. The Omaha Beach is probably the most related between the two. I havent played the PS2 version extensively, so I'm not too sure how much the levels differ. I KNOW the PC one is good though, I played it through to the end about 3 full times now...

Worth the price of admission by a longshot...still waiting to get a broadband connection to try the multiplayer though...
    DFI LANparty UT-DR SLi
    Athlon64 3000+ @2.5Ghz(Venice)
    2GB Mushkin PC3200
    Twin PNY 7900GTX's SLi
    Audigy 2/Logitech Z560's
    21" Gateway Widescreen LCD
    22" Gateway Widescreen LCD

From what a friend with the PS2 version told me, the Omaha Beach level is easier than on PC. I get torn a new a$$hole (well the character does at least) on that level on the PC.
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

The Omaha Beach level is a cinch once you know the technique (and have decent stereo sound). Get behind a barrier, crouch if you're on the land, listen while you get shot at and wait until they move on to somewhere else, then stand up and bolt for the next barrier. Once you get to the shingle it gets easier - just time things right, plan your moves, and be damn good with that sniper rifle.

The beach level on PS2 wasn't very hard at all for me, though I did die once. The really hard one was where you're going through a town helping friendly troops at various locations and taking out a few tanks. Nearly impossible using the controller, you just don't have any ability to make quick, precise shots. If the game had been mouse compatible, I think it would've been way too easy.

And I didn't see any blood anywhere, though the animations would've been more realistic had there been some spurting here & there.
    Last edited by slingblade; July 2nd, 2002 at 05:27 PM.

Thread Information