Elsa Gladiac Ultra liquid cooling?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Elsa Gladiac Ultra liquid cooling?

Question ELSA Gladiac Ultra videocard liquid cooling?

Hello !

I have a ELSA Gladiac Ultra geforce2 64mb agp video card . and was thinking about cooling it with a water block.

but I have no idea what kind of block that fits on this card . So if anyone knows which block i can use ( would Swiftech MCW40 water-block do the trick btw. ? )

I would be a happy man if anyone could give me a hint or two here

thanx
    Last edited by casper_iso; June 18th, 2002 at 01:37 PM.

Welcome to Harware Central.

I'm sure someone with a good solution for you will pop up soon.

For the time being, go through this site to learn a trick or two about water-cooling:

http://www.zerofanzone.co.uk/

? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Here's another really cool shot:

? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

it's nice ...... sure...

So.. Should I just go ahead and spend my next 6months trying to make similar equipment, or should I try and find something that fits and buy it ?
    (it's a trick question)

I honestly think you should try getting in touch with BladeRunner and ask him if he sells those things now that the new GeForce4's are out.

The CEO of NVidia called him about those waterblocks!

If not, then yes Sir... buying one similar to that would be your best option. Making them would be a hell of a lot of work that not many of us are prepared to do!

Well I used an Innovatek GPU block for a short time and that fits both variations of "standard" GPU heatsink mounting holes so should be fine on a GF2. It's an excellent performer too and build quality is second to none (the copper baseplate really is amazingly well finished).

You'll need to make sure your W/C setup is up to handling a CPU + a GPU. It can really mess up your CPU overclock if you add a GPU block into the loop (as I discovered not long ago, lol).

MuFu.

P.S. Welcome to HWC!
    Last edited by MuFu; June 18th, 2002 at 04:36 PM.
    Opteron 144@2.8GHz (stock HS/fan), Asus A8N-SLI SE (passive NB), 1.5GB RAM (2:3:2:5, 2T), WD Raptor 740GD 74GB, Maxtor DM10 300GB, Asus EN7600GT SILENT@???, M-Audio Revo 7.1, Nebula DigiTV, Dell 2005FPW, Enermax 431W Active.

Well . thanx anyways ....

I bough a gpu cooler from swiftech , i didn't fit . but after somemodifications on the card, it worked out ..

Casper_

Thread Information