Pavilion is on the blink.
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Pavilion is on the blink.

Pavilion is on the blink.

This machine will stay on the internet or other programs for hours. It restarts fine. At times it when I shut it down, I start it and the screen is dead, the CD-rom won't eject, the orange and green light will stay on without flickering and will only shut off if I hold in the button for four seconds. Whe I turn it on again, the same thing happens. I have had it apart three times and checked all the connections. They are all snug. So what can this be. I restarted into DOS so I can do a scandisk/surface/all/autofix and I got a message saying something about EMM not loaded and to "hit enter to continue and go to the Dos program", something to that effect. When it did go into the C: prompt, it hung at C:\windows and I couldn't type anything because it wasn't taking any typing from the keyboard.
    Is this a RAM problem?

Could you specify a bit more about your Pavillion?? (Year, RAM, processor, etc). Could be something with BIOS, I've had similar problems with mine.

I pulled the cmos battery for a half hour and replace it and started it up and all seems well now. So what do ya think was the matter. It is a 4535 and I think it a Celeron. I have 96 of ram in it right now.
    Thanks
    JB

Thread Information