I NEED a new mmorpg!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: I NEED a new mmorpg!

I NEED a new mmorpg!

Having recently abandoned Anarchy online, I'm asking for some opinions on other mmorps out there. I'm curious about Dark age.

I loved ultima online for so many reasons but the graphics are just to dull to enjoy anymore. I wish there was an ultima 3d (like the one they axed).

I have never played Everquest.

what others are there?

Im so bored my desire to get a new computer is even diminishing. I mean why get a new fast computer if I don't want to play any games anymore?

------------------
    "Who says nothing is impossible??? I do nothing everyday!"
    "I have seen the arctic circle, and it is round"

Dark ages fun for the first 20 lvls then looses alot of the appeal.I played the game to lvl 47 and got tired of how the classes arnt balanced and how they keep changing the classes.Alot of people I know quit the game after hitting lvl 50 because there isnt much to do.Items loose dur over time and some cannt be replaced.Now for evercrack it was a blast for the first 20 lvls too but I only got to lvl 27 since its hard to get a group and almost impos. to lvl solo.Might be because I played a Shadowknight :P I sugest Ultima online that game had the most life out of them all.I play it for 2 years straight if not longer.Personally Im waiting for a new one like Shadowbane,starwars,horizons,charr grimefate,asherscall 2 and world of warcraft.

------------------
    900 T-B
    Abit KT7 mobo
    384 pc 133,64 pc 100
    Geforce2 64 gts Herculese
    soundblaster live value
    2 20gig hd maxtor
    Win2k pro/win98se
    Work damn it!!!!!!Wheres the hammer!!!!!!
    900 T-B
    Abit KT7 mobo
    384 pc 133,64 pc 100
    soundblaster live value
    2 20gig hd maxtor
    Win2k pro/win98se

Originally posted by Samazon:
    Having recently abandoned Anarchy online, I'm asking for some opinions on other mmorps out there. I'm curious about Dark age.

I loved ultima online for so many reasons but the graphics are just to dull to enjoy anymore. I wish there was an ultima 3d (like the one they axed).

*Stuggles insanely to control the urge of calling youy to tell you emmdiately!!*
    You play UO!! or you used to, glad to hear of it. and there is now UO third dawn(3D) and also LBR check up on it an uo.stratics.com and UO.com you should really vome back and visit the UO stratics foorum somtime, we'll be glad to update you of everything new UO has,some bad stuff but mostly good!! gotta go, if ICQ y # is 105188895. message m,e

------------------
    Well,
    thats just my 2 cents

Well met friend
    Just my 2 cents.

I am what i am
    and thats all that i am

DO NOT PLAY: Ultima Online, Anarchy Online, Dark Ages of Camelot, World War whatever.

DO PLAY: EverQuest, EverQuest, EverQuest. The fourth expansion pack has JUST been announced.

Everquest II has been announced for October 2003 release.

Everquest has over 450,000 active subscribers versus the sub 120,000 of all the other games.

Everquest is the BEST BEST BEST! Yes I love Everquest, I play Everquest (not a lot...no time...but it was fun while I was in high school where I didn't bother with homework).

Everquest is dynamic, addictive, and you have to work hard to gain little. And that is what makes it so interesting.

If you start Everquest, play on the Vazalle server. It is the newest server and does not have such a bloated economy.
    www.everquest.com

eq.castersrealm.com

------------------
    Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface

K, I strongly suggest if you still like UO besides the fact of the graphics, you but Lord Blackthorn's Revenge which is Ultima online 3D with a new land Ilshenar and tons of enw scenarios and of course the ever present T2A. I personally love playing UO but am also waiting for Shadowbane to get out. And another fun game although not MMORPG is Jedi Outcast... But UO definitely is MUCH better. if you're thinking of getting Dungeon Siege.. don't... after awhile it just runs itself out. i don't really suggest DAOC (dark age) as like everquest and dungeon siege it just loses it's fun. UO never will lose it's fun. with all the scenarios and new stuff coming up all the time.

------------------
    Well,
    thats just my 2 cents

Well met friend
    Just my 2 cents.

I am what i am
    and thats all that i am

Umm yes! do play UO EQ sucks, wellnot sucks but cannot keep up it's newness it doeesn't have anything new all the time. UO does!!!! new weaps new scenarios new skils new tactics but they don't just change the good stuff.! Get Ultima Online or actually get Lord Blackthorn's Revenge!! which is Ultima ONline but in 3D and has Ilshenar(new land) T2A(oldland and of courseconventional Britannia(original land) and tons of great stuff!!

uo.stratics.com
    www.uo.com

------------------
    Well,
    thats just my 2 cents

Well met friend
    Just my 2 cents.

I am what i am
    and thats all that i am

Ill be waiting for Never winter night and play that till something worthwhile comes out

------------------
    900 T-B
    Abit KT7 mobo
    384 pc 133,64 pc 100
    soundblaster live value
    2 20gig hd maxtor
    Win2k pro/win98se
    900 T-B
    Abit KT7 mobo
    384 pc 133,64 pc 100
    soundblaster live value
    2 20gig hd maxtor
    Win2k pro/win98se

Thread Information