PS2 games on other consoles!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: PS2 games on other consoles!

Hybrid View

PS2 games on other consoles!

I've heard rumours saying that All PS2 games will also appear on Gamecube and that includes FFX. Can someone confirm this?

Thx for any comment!

I seriously doubt that ALL ps2 games will get ported. If nothing else, some of them are made by Sony itself.

E.g., can you really imagine Sony porting Gran Turismo 3 to a Nintendo console? I didn't see them porting GT2 to the N64.

Final Fantasy games I doubt even more. Nintendo refused to give Square a license to code for the GBA. I seriously doubt that in the case of the Gamecube it will be any different. The feud between Square and Nintendo is bigger than most people think. And I really can't see Nintendo getting rid of the "We're the big N, you don't f*** with us" attitude any time soon.

Briefly, I think that's just a wishful thinking rumour from some frustrated Nintendo fan. If you want PS2 games, your smartest bet is to get a PS2.

------------------
    Moraelin -- the proud member of the Idiots' Guild

[This message has been edited by Moraelin (edited 11-09-2001).]

Thx for the info, I hope it happens just like the way u said it, otherwise I'll be damn confused as which console I wanna get!

Mind you, I don't doubt that SOME games will get ported, by some of the third party developpers. E.g., you can probably expect Sega, Konami, Capcom and a few others to port at least _some_ of their games.

However, that there are quite a few good games on the PS2 made by Sony or Square, and THOSE I don't think you'll ever see ported.

------------------

Thread Information