Need help playing Hour Glass......
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Need help playing Hour Glass......

Need help playing Hour Glass......

I was playing Hour Glass (a Half Life mod), and i'm stuck in the level where i'm supposed to kill Einstein. Well, I did and the game told me to go to a storage room and search for contraband or something. I'm stuck here. SOmeone please tell me what to do next.
    Thanks

Did you kill Einstein? That nutty professor up the end of that passage? In a room all by himself. Then when you kill him he gets replaced, you get the code to that storage room, then when you go in there break all the boxes, but there is a gun lying on the ground (that wasn't in a box i think). When you pick that up it will teleport you out.
    Best ask Zoom bout that one, he seems to be pretty clued on to this mod.
    BW

But_Why is right.

just kill Einstein, and move on to the next room, (the room that was locked before you got to the chamber were Einstein was...if I remember correctly) and do as you would normally, break the boxes, etc.

*just finished Wanted and They Hunger 3.

Wanted was an okay mod. 110MB download but the beginning was extremely slow (took so long before the game picked up in action). this game is a complete mod with a western theme.

They Hunger 3 was just as good as They Hunger 2...it was excellent.

good luck.

I've gotten stuck several times in Hour-Glass, and I mean literally. Everytime I go up or down an elevator I get stuck to the floor and cannot move- need to use 'noclip' to start moving again. Anyone else having this problem.

Striker.

I don't think this is entirely due to HourGlass...maybe the HL engine, as this has happened to me many times playing only HL.

this has happened to me too.

what you can do is.

when you get on an elevator. just jump!, and keep jumping until the elevator stops, jumping off. this works 99.9% of the time.

i was reading from the FAQ of They Hunger3, that there's a bug with the HL quick save function and the games iitself and addons...if you quick save before entering a new level or moving towards a new level, it can causse some minor problmes...like getting stuck on the elevator. the author of They Hinger3 was saying that this is caused when there's a lot of stuff going on, during or right after the qiuick save.

he said you could try lowering resolution to 640 x 4xx, as this helps sometimes.

but do the jumping thing first....just jump once you step foot on the elevator and don't stop until you get off it.

[This message has been edited by zoom (edited 06-29-2001).]

That's it- jumping solves the problem, thanks. Yeah, I also noticed the quicksave problem-- I was getting cache errors after some quicksaves.

Thread Information