Refresh rate in CS
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Refresh rate in CS

Hybrid View

Refresh rate in CS

Anyone know how to change the refresh rate of CS? I think right now I m on 75 but I wanna change it to 85... TIA
    I dont know... I just dont.

Its what you have setup for your desktop sizes (its not the game). Like 800*600@75Hz and 1024*768@85

Go windows display properties.

My desktop is set to 85hz, but whenever I go into CS it just sets it self to 75hz. Thats what I mean.

What is happening here is that your desktop size in the game is different from what youw windows desktop is. What you need to do is set your Windows desktop to the resolution that you play CS in, and then manually adjust the refresh rate to what you want. Then you can set your desktop back, and windows will remember the refresh rate for the other setting, and use it when you are gaming.

It is possible that your video card will not do 85 at the resolution you are gaming at, but if it will, then the manual adjust will work fine. I've had to do this in one rig where a marginal monitor vibrates @ 60Hz, and needed to be set so that 60 wasn't the refresh rate for any resolution I used.

------------------
    Free advice, and worth every penny.
    Free advice, and worth every penny.

Ahh ok, thanks... I ll give that a go

What fps are you getting now and what vid card and OS are you using. Also what resolution? I use "net_graph 3" in the console to check fps. Go into your CS folder, you may need to adjust the "fps_max." It may be set to 75.

OK, I actually think the refresh rate is stuck at 60 now coz when I use net_graph 1 it cant get over 60.0 FPS. I got a geforce ddr and m using win98se.

Thread Information