Directx 8.1 IS A BETA! Link to uninstall!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Directx 8.1 IS A BETA! Link to uninstall!

Directx 8.1 IS A BETA! Link to uninstall!

Guess what guys?!?! it is a beta! To check, just change your date, the month, to a later one like November. And there you have it, direct x expired! Just run dxdiag and you will see this:

Go to http://www.ebrink.com/dxun/Direct.htm to get the prog to uninstall Directx. It worked for me, but follow the step-by-step directions TO THE LETTER!

------------------

Check out my Computer Gaming and Internet Cafe! www.igamesandmore.com

This has been the case with Direct X for as long as I can remember, If it's not downloadable from the MS DX site then it is still beta. You also found the simple solution to keep D3D games working if it runs out before you find the next beta version or a full one is released. I can only see it being an issue if having a correct date on your PC at all times matters to you. If not put you date back a bit when it runs out.

Unfortunately I like having the correct date since I also run programs that require the correct date. Personally I see it being a pain to change the date everytime I want to run a game, and then changing it back when I need the correct date.

Better to wait for the official version than using this beta. Besides, most of the post about it here have notice no difference so why do it anyway? I just posted this here for any newbies or others who do not know much about directx betas so that they would not be in the dark. Information is power and isn't that what this board is all about, helping each other out with information and thereby giving each other the power to control, utilize and improve our computer and the systems within?

I'll wait for the retail version, thank you.

------------------

Check out my Computer Gaming and Internet Cafe! www.igamesandmore.com

Of course it's a BETA! I thought there was no doubts... The fact is, It gives better performance and stability than 8.0... Thus I intend to keep the beta until the non-beta version is out...

Thread Information