Weird effect i have on my games, very frustrating, any experts here???
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird effect i have on my games, very frustrating, any experts here???

Weird effect i have on my games, very frustrating, any experts here???

There is so much stuff that have changed in my computer; i have put in a new hard drive, i got a new graphic card, i had a different OS, from Win98 to WinME, and still, when i play Starcraft, or Star Trek: Armada, i get this problem.
    Star Trek: Armada...
    i get boot out of the program
    Starcraft...
    in multiplayer mode, everybody drops, and stay alone in the game, against the cpu!

Now, i am very sure that both problems would be related, and i have not played much of other games, but, i do feel a lot, that, theses 2 problems are related, suggestions needed badly, i don't want to go, and buy myself a new tower!!

------------------
    I'm very busy fixing computer, but, if your problem is sincere enough, and i have time, i'll get out of my where for you!
    I'm very busy fixing computer, but, if your problem is sincere enough, and i have time, i'll get out of my way for you!

If not done already try the latest updates/patches for those games.
    "The enemy of the enemy is the night"

Sorry, i'm not new to the game of computers (please see my signature).

I've been there, done that, my cpu, in the setup of the bios, is showing a temperature as high as 64 Celsius, and, i went on the AMD website, i have seen limits at 70 celsius, so, basically, there's like a 4 celsius difference, would'nt take much for something to happen, i will know more this weekend, i'm boring a 600 Mhz DURON and is fan for testing on my system. I just hope this will show me my solution, 'cause, i can't take it anymore.

------------------
    I'm very busy fixing computer, but, if your problem is sincere enough, and i have time, i'll get out of my where for you!
    I'm very busy fixing computer, but, if your problem is sincere enough, and i have time, i'll get out of my way for you!

Justintime Guest
    ok..first of all 64C is way too high , i've seen alot of systems go unstable around 57-8C, and these are high speed Athlons. I suggest you either check you CPU Heatsink to see its making proper contact or looking at your case cooling.if its 64C in the BIOS, imagine the temps under load..

------------------
    Jr

Yes i know, but, i waiting from my friend cpu, to see the results, i want to be 100%, before buying another part for my computer, you understand, right?

------------------

Supremax tu parles francais?

------------------
    P3 800 133mhz
    Asus CUSL2-C 128mb 133
    15.3 Maxtor 7200 ATA100
    DVD 5X Samsung
    Voodoo5 Agp
    Sb live Value
    Win98se

DARKNESS!!! Imprisoning Me,All That I See, Absolute Horror,I Cannot Live, I Cannot Die
    Trapped in Myself, Body My Holding Cell
    Asus P5Q
    Intel core 2 Duo 3ghz 1333 fsb 6mb L2 cache
    OCZ Gold XTC 4GB DDR2-1066
    Asus ati3870 512mb pci express 16
    80Gig Hd Sata
    Vista Home premium

Justintime Guest
    one question, what Cpu are you running? if you are running a higher speed Duron or Athlon, then results may be misleading, you may get better temps cause the 600 Duron cpu may put out less heat than your current cpu..
    just a thought

------------------
    Jr

Justintime, i'm counting on it, i want to be sure it's not a problem from something else from my system, so, by having that cpu, and testing it, i will know for sure. By the way, i'm running a 700 Mhz Thunderbird, but, i think the fan is crap, my motherboard shows at a difference of 20 celsius under the temperature of the cpu.

Darkterritory3, oui, je parle franšais, que vaut l'honneur de cette question?

------------------

Well if your cpu is heating up too much and armada keeps acting up then you have to get the latest patch that fixes bugs with ALOT of hardware,

------------------
    CeleronII 566@1004mhz cB0
    Modded GA-6VX7-4X
    256megs PC133@cas2
    20.4Gig WD
    ASUS V7100 32meg
    T-bird 750@1100mhz
    KT7-r
    512megs PC133@cas2
    30Gig IBM
    Leadtek GF2u
    SbLive!
    www.CrackedForum.com

My system:
    Amd Tunderbird 700 MHZ (not overclocked, 'cause overclocking is for people who dosen't like keeping their cpu )
    GA-7ZX VIA kt33
    256 megs 133 mhz
    60 gigs Maxtor 7200 rpm
    6 gigs Quantum 5400 rpm
    Brand NEW... ...MATROX Marvel G450 eTV 32 megs
    Back-UPS 650 (for thoses days when electricity is not always there!)

------------------

Cool supremax. Just wondering.

------------------
    P3 800 133mhz
    Asus CUSL2-C 128mb 133
    15.3 Maxtor 7200 ATA100
    DVD 5X Samsung
    Voodoo5 Agp
    Sb live Value
    Win98se

The love can be the best thing on earth. Other time it can be your worst ennemi.
    Asus P5Q
    Intel core 2 Duo 3ghz 1333 fsb 6mb L2 cache
    OCZ Gold XTC 4GB DDR2-1066
    Asus ati3870 512mb pci express 16
    80Gig Hd Sata
    Vista Home premium

Justintime Guest
    "not overclocked, 'cause overclocking is for people who dosen't like keeping their cpu "

eh?

------------------
    Jr

Like it said, overclocking shortens the life of a cpu, usually, people do that when they are tired of having a cpu running too slow.

------------------

Justintime Guest
    sadly Supremax, you're highly uninformed

------------------
    Jr

Sadly... than, just show me

------------------

Thread Information