NEED HELP!! Can't save games...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: NEED HELP!! Can't save games...

NEED HELP!! Can't save games...

Ok, this is what's happening;(kinda long story)

I use to have an NEC system, PII 333Mhz. I bought Half-Life: Opposing Force and start playing it. Then I notice that when I went to load a saved game, that only the past four saved games were available, all the other saved game slots would stay empty (in Half-Life there are something like 12 slots for saved games.) I thought, "Whatever, must be an Op. Fo. thing."

I started up Half-Life from the beginning, and had the same problem, the game would only keep track of the last four saves.

Then, me and a friend of mine started playing Soldier of Fortune at about the same time. When I would do a quick save in a SOF level the game would tell me I had four saves left, but it would tell my friend he had eight. Now I knew my system was messed up.

Fast forward to September 2000, when I buy a new system, PIII 866Mhz. I have the system for about 3 months but haven't played any games where I need to make saves. Then I get bored one day and start up Half-Life, and again, the same problem, only four saves are kept. Now I'm playing Undying and the game will only keep ONE saved game in memory. This sucks.

I'm thinking there must be some program that I loaded on both systems that is causing this, but I have loaded so much stuff since I had the new system, I have no idea what it could be. But I can't think of anything that would effect games like that. Unless it's some sort of Windows setting or something. I had Win 95 on the old system, and Win 98se on the new one.

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? I sure don't want to have to reformat.

Well, I don't know about Undying or HL as I don't play either of those, but I just presume that's how many saves you are allowed.

As for SOF (which I have) the amount of saves you are allowed depends on the difficulty setting.

------------------
    AMD T-Bird 1.1Ghz
    Chaintech 7AJA MoBo
    256Mb PC100Mhz RAM
    Geforce 2 Ultra 64Mb
    19" .24dp FD Trinitron Flat CRT Monitor
    Creative Soundblaster Live!
    Cambridge Soundworks Surround Speakers
    38Gb 7200rpm Maxtor HDD
    16x DVD Rom
    8x8x32 CD-RW
    Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse