Got Counter Strike Tonight.....
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Got Counter Strike Tonight.....

Got Counter Strike Tonight.....

I got CS tonight, just because it was my birthday, and I must say, it is a great game. I just went straight to multiplayer, since thats what I really got it for, and man talk about fast action. I think I did pretty well for my first night consider I really suck at shooter games.

Now I just have to make my cousin a copy. Well cya laters....

------------------
    Athy 700@800 1.65v
    Abit KA7
    128meg PC133 7.5ns can do 160@CAS3
    Asus V7700 Pure 32meg (215+?/366+?)
    WD 10.2GB 7200rpm ATA66
    Diamond MX300
    Toshiba SD-M1402 (12x dvd/40x cd)
    Plextor 8/4/32 CD-RW
    3COM 56k hardware modem (taking out)
    SMC 10mpbs ISA NIC (got DSL)
    Intel P4C 3.0Ghz
    Asus P4P800-E Deluxe
    2x256mb Corsair Value Select PC3200
    eVGA e-GeForce 6800
    WD 120gb SE
    IBM 60GXP 60gb
    Creative Labs Audigy (free)
    Toshiba SD-M1402 (12x dvd/40x cd)
    Lite-On 52x24x52 ($15 retail )
    Pioneer A06 DVD+/-RW
    ThermalTake Silent Purepower 420W PSU

It's a real shame one has to pay for that mod now when for so long it was completely free, and the fact that the person who made it, wasn't wholy responsible for all of the models, coding and so on, yet is probably raking in a bit of cash for it.

------------------
    HWC ICQ Active List

Hey Bink, it is still completely free if you download CS from the internet. The retail version is for people who want to play CS but don't own Half-Life (you can play the retail version of CS without Half-Life).

BTW--the retail version also comes with Team-Fortress Classic, Opposing Force Multiplayer, Firearms, Redemption, and Wanted. All of which, I believe, are also free downloads on the internet.

Ahh right, well that's good to know.

------------------
    HWC ICQ Active List

Taking fire! Need assistance!

------------------
    Hard decisions: Intel or AMD, 100 or 133, Netscape or IE, Baldur's Gate II or Counter-Strike, computers or women
    Hard decisions: Intel or AMD, nVidia or ATI, Windows or Linux, Neverwinter Nights or Counter-Strike, computer or woman.

I recently started playing CS again. Now that I have ADSL it is actually worth playing, and I have found it to be quite addicting! I'm not the best player(yet ) but I can hold my own most of the time. You guy in with any Clans? Never joined one but i'm thinking about it. Maybe a HWC Clan?! I love UT as well.

------------------
    Soyo 6BA+4
    P3 700@980 1.89v w/ AlphaPEP66, 60mmDelta6800rpm
    Creative Labs GeForce2 GTS 32meg
    128MB KingMax PC150 CAS222
    Maxtor 20GB ATA66 7200RPM
    Sound Blaster Live Value
    Kenwood 72x TrueX
    KilrB's PC
    Abit NF7-S Rev2
    XP2100+ @ 200x11.5 2300Mhz
    512MB Corsair XMS Platnium PC3200 Ultra Low Latency CAS222
    Tyan Tachyon G9700 Pro w/Zalman ZM80a-HP Heatpipe
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

"Fat, Drunk and Stupied is now way to go threw life Son!" Quote: Dean Wormer.... Animal House

And to think that CS was a MUCH better game with BETTER models and graphics before Valve got there greasy destructive handz on it !!

Sorry you did not have the joy of experiencing it in beta 7.1 or lower

------------------
    PAINTBALL RULEZ!
    PAINTBALL RULEZ!

Whatever you do don't give away your CD Key. Unless, of course you would like to go buy yourself another copy of Half-Life / Counter-
    Strike. I should know I've obtained about five copies for friends that I wanted to play with but couldn't convince to drop down money on a game that was in their opinion to old to be worth anything. Now it's all they play.. he he don't see any $$$ heading my way though. Anyway, I'ld pay for 5 copies of Half-Life again if it meant that I could have the fun that I've had with it all over again.

Agree to son of a monkey; the new models are short, fat and ugly. I often find myself get trapped in door ways now because the models are fatter. Even I have started to get used to the new models, I still like the old ones much better.

Another problem with CS is, the jumping monkey problem is still not fixed (nothing againt you, son of a monkey : ] ). I've started playing Front Line Force www.frontlineforce.com . In a lot of ways, CS is still the king of team based FPS, but FLF is a close 2nd if you ask me. And jumping monkey problem is being address in FLF.

------------------
    Hard decisions: Intel or AMD, 100 or 133, Netscape or IE, Baldur's Gate II or Counter-Strike, computers or women
    Hard decisions: Intel or AMD, nVidia or ATI, Windows or Linux, Neverwinter Nights or Counter-Strike, computer or woman.

yes, FLF... great mod! Frankly I don't play CS anymore, just FLF. They are also releasing the next beta the end of this week, 1.2

------------------
    www.instinctdesign.com
    www.forma3.com (nothing really there yet)
    www.instinctdesign.com newly updated!

What is the "Jumping Monkey" problem?

I've been playing since beta1.0 back in the day when when you had to bind everything in game from the console, and it was the just the navel seals and the IRA(the phoenix connection model), when you dropped your gun it was the stupid H/L canister so you never knew what it was till you picked it up. What really sucks is back in the day the only really cheating that seemed to be rampant was gun running which is impossible to do now cause your weapons no longer stay after the end of a round. But now things are worse people use wall hacks, invisible, aimbots, and all other types of devious cheats you can think of. CS is a great game that's being ruined by lazy people who prefer to gain skill the honest.
    I'm in a clan DPS being praticing for 4 or 5 months getting ready to start playing in a league. Our site is www.cspoets.com the site needs alot of work, and is a bit cheezy, and I'm [DPS]Dylan_Thomas.

------------------
    Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal ~Einstein
    Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal ~Einstein

Thread Information