Spirit of Speed 1937
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Spirit of Speed 1937

Spirit of Speed 1937

Anyone elase got this game?

I think it is the ultimate test for any computer, I've never seen anything run so damn slowly in my life!

The minimum (and even recomended) specs don't look too daunting (circa PII266), but the only system I've seen it run playably on so far is my new Duron 800@950, adn even then I have to leave some of the graphics options turned off to prevent slowdowns.

Does anyone have a system which they can run this game on at maximum quality? if you do, then I salute you!

I complained to Hasbro and do you know what they suggested? The said "turn down your graphics accelerator functions" at that I imediatly lost all faith in them and have sworn not to buy another Microprose/Hasbro gaem again for a very long time. (btw I still tried it just in case they were right, and no, they weren't)

------------------
    AHHH, I think my computer's got a Virus!

Oh no, that's Windows 98

Oh no, that's Windows XP

Chimaera: Twin Athlon MP 1900+ @ 1824Mhz, GeForce 3 TI500, 512Megs Crucial RegECC, 100GB Total HDD, SuSE Linux 7.3 + Windoze XP Pro

Yes agreed. I tried the demo when I had my PIII 667 with Voodoo 5500 and it ran like crap. I now have a 933 in that machine but I'm sure it would still run like crap.

I noticed whilst game shopping on Thursday night it's now found it's way into the budget price releases which as far as I'm concerned is where it belonged from the start.

Some poor deranged fool (can't remember who) claimed it was a competitor for Grand Prix Legends..LOL.

This game won JonP's Crap Game of 1999 award (Version1 of Super 1 Karting got my Crap Game of 2000 award..I say version 1 because version 2 might actually run properly).

well I actually quite like it now I havea machine meaty enough to play it, but what a resource hog! and it' certainly not the best one i've seen, graphics arn't even that good!

------------------

Oh no, that's Windows 98

Oh no, that's Windows XP

Chimaera: Twin Athlon MP 1900+ @ 1824Mhz, GeForce 3 TI500, 512Megs Crucial RegECC, 100GB Total HDD, SuSE Linux 7.3 + Windoze XP Pro

Thread Information