Halflife patches
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Halflife patches

Halflife patches

Ok,played Halflife 2 times to completion.Its an original,I had to use patch 10051006 exe,to get it to run,I see newer ones that are 51 megs.Will they overwrite the old patch?I see references to team fortress,is this included in the new patch?I'm kinda want to play it again and I've never tried it online (Team fortress).Thanks.

Get the hl1104 patch it's 51.4megs or something, and it will patch any version of H/L. Then D/Led Counter-Strike ver1.0 at www.counter-strike.net the best multiplayer mod for H/L in my opinion. You can also try out Front Line Forces, but I don't have a direct link to that.

------------------
    Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal ~Einstein
    Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal ~Einstein

I'm almost certain that Team Fortress Classic is included in the latest update. If you want to play any Half-Life online then you're going to want the hl1104 patch from www.sierra.com, it'll be impossible to find anywhere to play running version 1006 still.
    Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.

yea, TFC is in the new patch but be sure to get the big one (50megs or so). Also, counter-strike is definetly worth trying out. Word of warning though, if you are on a dialup its going to be very difficult as your net speed is very important. This is less of a problem with TFC and Frontline Force. I also highly reccomend Frontline Force, its a great game even if your on a dialup (what I'm on). If you want to get it, go to www.frontlineforce.com. The number of players for FLF is still pretty small but its not hard to find a good server. It also makes it a bit nicer because if you play a lot then you can get to know others in the community. On that note, if you ever see a guy named Steele be sure to do whatever he says.

------------------
    www.instinctdesign.com
    www.instinctdesign.com newly updated!

GRR, There are too many patches for that games.

They're all so big too, and complicated.

------------------
    Who is -=TylerDurden=- ?
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

yea, I know the feeling... its worse when your on a dialup and the downloads take hours and hours, kinda gets to you when all you want to do is play the game

------------------
    www.instinctdesign.com
    www.instinctdesign.com newly updated!

Thread Information