PC vs PS2 vs DREAMCAST!!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: PC vs PS2 vs DREAMCAST!!

PC vs PS2 vs DREAMCAST!!

hey ya, i have a P2 650 with 128mb of pc133
    memory & a Elsa Gladiac GEFORCE2 card. so which platform is better for gaming.

------------------
    Why I keep on giving you all this "Good A... Advice"!!!!!

i mean a P3650

------------------

Stick with a PC, more upgradability and at present better choice of games.

------------------
    If you don't ask, you don't learn
    "The enemy of the enemy is the night"

Infinitely debatable.

------------------
    Television: Presenting the GameStation 256! It's a little bit faster...TO THE MAX!

Bart: Aww, and here I am stuck with this crappy GameStation 252. (throws it in the fire)
    Television: Presenting the GameStation 256! It's a little bit faster...TO THE MAX!

Bart: Aww, and here I am stuck with this crappy GameStation 252. (throws it in the fire)

I have an athlon 1ghz with 256mb ram plus i have a dreamcast with over 50 games , just a while ago i moved house and was without the internet or my puter for 2 weeks , believe me i was bored stiff for that fortnight , 90% of console games are a rip off and the other 10% are nothing special , theres like 2 or 3 games i'd say that is good for the dreamcast .

My Last words are P.C.

Stick with the PC. Consoles are a joke except if you live playing at 512x3whatever on a 27" screen where every game is pixelized (ie, you can count the pixels).

Stick with a PC. There are freeware and commercial emulators that let you play several gaming platforms on your PC and their reliability is improving. I don't think that the PC would ever get beat by the console just because so many anufacturers like video and sound card companies depend on gamers for the bulk of thier sales they'd never let consoles just take over.
    I think there are alot of cool games for consoles but I'd rather stock with my PC

Counsles. It would be cheaper to pay $200 every four years for a new system, than to upgrade your pc for more(around the same four year time range to). Besides, most good pc games are ported to counsles anyway.

i say use both as gaming platforms, if its a first person shooter like quake then definetly the pc without a doubt. but when it comes to console exclusive games like metal gear on the ps2 or shenmue on the dc. the console blows the pc out of the water. i recently played shenmue, no current pc game can even compare to that, it was like watching a movie and all the cg are done in real time.

Anitdaisu Guest
    PC.. All you need to have in a good gaming rig is a good proc, video card, and then get a game pad or joystick...if you can break the bank ..go with a steering wheel for your racing game lovin

------------------
    Stop Trying to Hit me and HIT me

Wasn't Metal Gear Solid supposed to be exclusive to the PSX ? It turned up on the PC, and I don't see why MGS2 shouldn't.

I've given up on consoles after owning a NES, MegaDrive, PSX and an N64. They impress me for the first two or three months, then I realize that it's all downhill. This was especially apparent with the N64. Although Zelda did knock my socks (and some of my really really sexy underwear) off. I sold my - N64 this summer, now that the new Zelda game is out, I wish I hadn't.

But still - I'm sticking with my pc's. Far greater diversity in games, and expandability. Not to mention that multiplayer games at LAN parties is the best way to play. Go CS

Anyone read the PS2 UT review over at FiringSquad? Apparantly the PS2 has it's limitations , and if my 300A@464 with a Voodoo2 can beat it...then I don't really care to spend $$$$ on a small black box.

------------------
    -15c and counting...
    Carpe noctem!

Anitdaisu Guest
    the one knack that pc's are advantageous over consoles is the ability to modify a game. Look at how many doom mods they had back in the days. the only way console games were ever to be modded if it was because it was made into a ROM file.

------------------
    Stop Trying to Hit me and HIT me

first of all I AM NOT A GAMER. i do play some games from time to time, but a GAMER i am not. a few months back i built a tbird950 with 1024mb of ram as a graphics workstation and i figured why not try some games. so i bought a forcefeedback pro and it came with mech3 (dont laugh, i know there are better games out there.) the graphics on that game that come through my g400 max to my 22" nec and the sound that comes out of my klipsch speakers combined with the forcefeedback makes it an incredible experience.

recently, my friend just got a ps2 and i played madden, golf and armored core, which is like the ps2 equivalent of mech3. i am way more impressed with mech3. i like madden and stuff, but the experience on my pc was by far superior.

granted, maybe its not a fair comparison considering the amount of money i sank into my computer versus the cost of his ps2 and 27" tv, but my experiences on my pc were way more impressive.

------------------
    processors are NOT hot swappable
    reincarnated from myklpaso reincarnated from never2muchRAM

yes I am I again.

oh yeah, i cant believe nobody brought up the advantage pcs have with LAN parties and stuff. consoles cant do anything close to that can they?

------------------
    processors are NOT hot swappable
    reincarnated from myklpaso reincarnated from never2muchRAM

yes I am I again.

I'd say pc's are good for fps and strategy while consoles are good for sports, fightin, adn rpg's. Don't you hate that split screen in fps for consoles? Where's the fun if you can see the opponent?

Thread Information