Diablo II CD problems (Like this havn't been said before)
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Diablo II CD problems (Like this havn't been said before)

Diablo II CD problems (Like this havn't been said before)

Well, the problem I am having is kind of odd.
    It isn't like most people, its one of those things you cant pinpoint.

What happens is that I try to run the game, it takes me a lot of retries or taking out the CD and putting it back in, to get the game to work.
    It does run eventually, and flawlessly too. It just annoys me to take 5 minutes to get it to run.

I have a Compaq 5717, with an Elsa Erazor III and an SB live, and everyting else is what came with the compaq.

If anyone knows what might be causign it (besides the fact that I HATE COMPAQs) please post here.
    Thanks!

Look me up on b.net(Which NEWER booted or lagged on me), name is Crazy-Demon or Crazy_demon on US West.

See ya!
    Heaven wouldn't take me, and Hell was afraid I'd take over.

I moved your thread in the game's forum, where you should have asked your question in the first place.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Gilles Lussier

HWC Folding@Home Team

I'd look at your cd-rom and make sure it's working properly, but even then I'm not sure if that's the problem.
    "We're going to get another one next year, again -- back to back to back."

-Kobe Bryant

Nope, the CD ROM works perfectly, and the CD itself has no scratches or anythign like that on it, in fact, I borrowed a freinds CD, (which works for him) and I still had the same problem. It is actually a DVD drive, if it makes a difference. I can play really scratched CDs no problem (Starcraft) and any other kind with no problems at all. Just this.

------------------

You could be having one of 2 problems:

1. Diablo 2 has many known problems with some DVD/CD drives and its form of copy protection. There is a list somewhere listing these drives that wont work with it. I recommend upgrading your drives firm ware if you can to the newest version. That may help. Check Blizzard Tech Support

2. IF it is a pirated(burnt) copy then it wont work cause the copy protection is pretty nasty

Nope, Its not a burned copy, although I did see a burned copy once and it actualy did work. Anyway, It is the Original and I couldn't find that list anywhere. I guess I am pretty stupid, but I have no clue what firmware is, or where I could DL it.

THanks

Firmware, is like the bios for your computer, buts its for cdroms/dvdroms and stuff like that. You can find updates at the makers of your cdrom website.. Try www.planetdiablo.com The list may be there.

Try a different cdrom? My dvd had to be upgraded and then it worked fine

Email me Crazy Demon if you are still having problems. I will tell you how to run the game without the CD. Music, cinemas and all.

Im sure they wont want that info posted here.

Dave
    i7 2600k @ 4.6 ghz by Turbo multi - MSI Z68A-GD65-G3 - 8 gig GSkill Ripjaws @ 1600 8-8-8-24 - Corsair H100 Closed loop water cooling - 2 XFX 6870 DD Crossfire - 256 gig Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe and 250 Gig WD Blue Series - PCP&C Turbocool 850 SSI

Thread Information