Hitman demo out! Snipers' paradise!?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hitman demo out! Snipers' paradise!?

Hitman demo out! Snipers' paradise!?

Hitman: Codename 47
    As the enigmatic Hitman, you must use stealth and tactical problem solving to enter, execute and exit your assignment with minimum attention and maximum effectiveness. For a price, you have access to the most devious devices, but how you use them will determine if you retire as a millionaire or get permanently retired.
    The Hitman is the world's most accomplished and wealthy assassin; however, he is plagued by a troubling past of deception and genetic butchery. The ingenious story will evolve over five chapters of heart-stopping action. Remember, the world of contract hits rewards a quick intellect more than a quick trigger finger.
    Available at Games Domain or FilePlanet.
    I'm just downloading it!

------------------
    Members of the Thief Guild, visit
    <A HREF="http://www.thief-thecircle.com" TARGET=_blank>Thief - The Circle and the Stone
    </A>Through the Looking Glass

[This message has been edited by Mephisto (edited 09-24-2000).]

Also, a short preview at CombatWorld...

dah, it's not working!
    MaH SyStEm:
    PIII 450, 128 RAM, i740 (the i740 was last year's best midrange 2d card, so ha!) voodoo2 sli, 4.8X toshiba DVD, 4x4x20 cd-rw

What do you mean, not working?

Thanks man, I have had my eye on this game from the very first PC gamer preview. The first server on Games Domain doesnt work, but the second one does Coolguy.If thats what your were talking about.

Awesome. The graphix are great and gameplay is excellent. Only one problem - it's damn hard. I can kill the leader guy (w/o getting anyone to notice me), but then, I have to kill all the guardians. There are so many...I can't take 'em all out. Plus, one wrong move, and you got all of them hunting you down. Geez....

Fun game though. I'm getting it as soon as it comes out!

[This message has been edited by Kuzia (edited 09-24-2000).]
    P3 700e FCPGA @ 966Mhz w/ Alpha PAL35t
    ASUS CUV4X
    ElanVital T-10ab Case
    KingMax PC150 cas2 HSDRAM
    IBM Deskstar 75GXP 30GB ATA100
    Asus v7700 Geforce2 GTS 32MB Pure
    SB Live! Value
    ViewSonic PF790 19"
    Klipsch Pro-Media v.2-400
    Netgear FA310TX 100mbps NIC
    MS InteliMouse Epxlorer
    MS Internet Keyboard PRO

I got the demo now. Not much sniping going on with my Beretta and shotgun. No real idea how to beat this level yet, I'll keep trying though.

Yes, if anyone has any tips/tricks on how to beat this level please let me know. Everytime I pull out a weapon I have the entire chinese army after me!

Does that work in Windows 2000 Professional?
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Darn! I just finished my download, just to find out that the file was corrupted!!

[This message has been edited by Mephisto (edited 09-25-2000).]

Mephisto - I downloaded it 3 times before I gto it installed successfully. Something about not be able to install readme.rtf.

I got it straight from eidos.com and then I didn't have a problem.

If you haven't gotten past killing the main dude, I can tell you how. But killing all the other guys is just damn hard.

If you wanna find out how to kill the leader yourself, don't read the next paragraph.

When the "target arrives", wait in between houses where the sewer drain is. When the drivers goes there to take a leak, wait 'till some civilian walks by, shoot the driver, take his clothes, and pull him down the drain. Go to the car. Install the car-bomb. Go back to the severs, get your clothes back, and about 20 seconds after you get notice that "The target is leaving the restaurant", use the bomb trigger. Part one of mission is done.

{You can continue reading now)

Now, how to kill all the other members, I have no clue. I can take about half of them out, but they still get me eventually. The trick I use, is kill the separatly, while others don't see, with silenced bereta. Eventually, though, the civilians tell the other member of suspicous behavior by a civilian (you) and the mafia starts hunting you down. You can find a sniper rifle in the far left of the map (from the direction you're originally facing upon entrance of the level), which can help you take some more guys out, but still not quite good enough. ANy other tips are welcome...
    ASUS CUV4X
    ElanVital T-10ab Case
    SB Live! Value
    ViewSonic PF790 19"
    MS InteliMouse Epxlorer
    MS Internet Keyboard PRO

I just installed the demo and found it would not work in win2k pro. Or else it didn't install right. Anyone else have it working in win2k?

I got a little further.

After you kill the driver and blow up the car, leave the driver in the sewer, but do not pull him in the corner. One of the dragon members will find him eventually, and is just going to stand there. So you can come up behind him, and choke him with piano wire. Then, take his clothes. Don't know what next. You have to do everything VERY carefully, making sure there are no civilians watching, cuz they're gonna go complain to other members.

What f*cks me up the most, is that there is no save, so every time you get killed, you have to start all over again. And eash time it takes like 15 minutes to get where you were at. And since there are so many different combinations of action and you have to try all of them, you get killed all the time, and thus have to start all over again. This takes a while. I hope there is save in the retail version.
    ASUS CUV4X
    ElanVital T-10ab Case
    SB Live! Value
    ViewSonic PF790 19"
    MS InteliMouse Epxlorer
    MS Internet Keyboard PRO