Playstation2 vs PC ? - Page 5
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Playstation2 vs PC ?

me jumps into the fire...

I'm going to side with flavio on this on one point--the hardcore gamer will want both. I understand entirely what he is saying about playing with friends. I've held a Madden tournament for the last 9 years starting on the Sega Genesis, to the Playstation, and finally last year on the PC. The setup was really nice...four computers, two games going head to head. It failed horribly. First of all, of my friends, I'm the only computer nerd so anytime anything happened I was the only one who could fix it. Second, nothing beats playing in front of a crowd on the big screen. My 19" monitors with the games was like watching TV in black and white. It just wasn't right.

Nothing beats a LAN party either. By the time consoles are able to match the fun of a LAN, they "will" be pcs. I disagree with flav and would say that the best RPGs are on PCs and not consoles. Console RPGs seem very linear. Another thing I like about PC games are the patches and the tweaking that consoles do not offer. Console games are not bug free, they are optimized for the systems and do not have compatibility issues (usually) but they still have bugs, which you can't fix. Broadband is another issue and again, once consoles have this, they will probably have the rest of the goods to make it a pc!

Consoles are easy. Unlike Windows, PnP actually applies. They are perfect for playing games with your computer illiterate friends. As mentioned, sports and fighter games on consoles roX0rs. PCs will always dominate online play and LAN parties ('cept for Madden with the aforementioned friends).

I'll continue to upgrade my PC to play the latest PC games but I'll probably get a PS2 even only for Tekken. Lord knows I've spend hundreds on my computer to play one game so it's nothing new. Draw. I think people who like all kinds of gaming will want both.

Choose what you want and be cool to each other!

Play station 2 sucks compaired to computer. How could you compair something that costs 2 thousand to something that costs $200-$300?? Who the hell would want a play station over a computer?? (besides a 7 year old) Maybe poor or stupid people if you wanna ask me.

Five-Oh,

Please do not offend the Poor and Stupid people here!

The play station is a ROCK SOLID gaming platform. Windows is not.

Everyone agrees that the PC has more capabilities then any console game platform.
    ------------------
    P933, 133MHZ FSB, 256M RAM
    Ultra 160, 18.2GB Cheetah
    Annihilator Pro, SBLIVE, DVD, FPS SOUND
    MS Force Feedback, Cable Modem.
    AKA- The ultimate gaming machine.

I've just read an article in a newspaper which says: "Sony has so far sold more than 70 million PS2 units world wide".
    Someone, all 70 million of them, obviously likes the PS2. The UK will get 300,000 units out of the 1 million to be supplied to Europe however nearly twice that amount has been pre ordered by gaming enthusiasts in the UK. The PS2 is scheduled to be released on November 24th in the UK at a cost of
    DD.
    "The enemy of the enemy is the night"

Specs for the PS2 to interested parties.

Processor: 300 Megahertz, 0.18 micron, custom chip that will be manufactured by Toshiba.
    Polygons per second: 66 million raw polygons; 38 million with lighting; 36 million with fogging; 16 million with curved surfaces
    Modem: An Ethernet/hard drive peripheral will be sold separately
    Storage medium and capacity: DVD-ROM-standard DVDs hold 8 gigabytes of information, multi-layerd ones hold up to 17 gigabytes.
    U.S. launch date and price: Released in Japan March 4, for 39,900 yen. Slated for U.S. launch in October at $299.
    Special features: Backwards compatibility with original PlayStation, plays DVD movies.

------------------
    P933, 133MHZ FSB, 256M RAM
    Ultra 160, 18.2GB Cheetah
    Annihilator Pro, SBLIVE, DVD, FPS SOUND
    MS Force Feedback, Cable Modem.
    AKA- The ultimate gaming machine.

Let's just add that the original Playstation led to 3D cards for computers or at least greatly sped up the coming of 3D cards, before '95 nobody ever heard of 3D graphic accelerators. I also wouldn't be too quick too count out the PSX-2, i have a feeling once developers get a grip on it we will be seeing some great software and graphics. I'll probably still pick one up when it comes out, i was a fan of the original PSX when it came out and bought one the first year it hit the shelves.

Let's just add that the original Playstation led to 3D cards for computers or at least greatly sped up the coming of 3D cards, before '95 nobody ever heard of 3D graphic accelerators. I also wouldn't be too quick too count out the PSX-2, i have a feeling once developers get a grip on it we will be seeing some great software and graphics. I'll probably still pick one up when it comes out, i was a fan of the original PSX when it came out and bought one the first year it hit the shelves.

lol
    I only support two teams. Wales and everyone else England plays
    ICQ# 91149414
    AIM: AdrenelinY2K1

There is nothing that compares to the power of a PC. The Dreamcast and the Playstation 2 are great consoles for the price. There built for the people that just play games and cant afford a top of the line computer. there will never be a console system that comes close to the power of a PC. Definetly when it comes to the Video and Processing speeds that computer has. Even the RAM and sound quality is no where near a PC. So if you really want to spend the 300 dollars to buy a console system do it, but if your looking for the best, save for a good PC.

------------------
    Mess with the best
    Die like the rest
    --Hackers
    -Acid Rain
    Mess with the best
    Die like the rest
    --Hackers
    -Acid Rain

Lan Party HEHEHE......

Thread Information