Hi all, I'm putting together a new system and I was wondering if anyone would care to comment on the components.

Duron 650
Asus A7V
Sony 17" E200
Hyundai PC-133 128MB
Hercules 3D Prophet II MX or Voodoo 3 2000 AGP

Those are all the new components I'm thinking of getting. I'm going to use my old HDD, however its a Seagate 8.62GB 54000RPM drive and I'm curious as to whether this will hamper perforamnce. I also have a SoundBlaster 128 PCI Sound Card,Sony CDU4811 CDROM drive, Tekram DC315 SCSI Card and a Panasonic 7502b CDRW which I also plan to use in the new machine.

Anyway this system is mainly intended for gaming under win98, using Office and also running Linux. What I basically want to know is there anything listed here that will slow down performance, or that will make the system out of date fairly shortly? Any ideas as to how compatible this hardware is to run Linux under? I'm really behind in the video card department as I havent upgraded in years although I've tried to read up on it lately. Will the MX play older games such as the original Quake, I've read articles here I think which tend to suggest its fairly incompatible.
Anyway thanks for any suggestions.