I am going to tell you why Q 3 is better than UT - Page 3
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I am going to tell you why Q 3 is better than UT

The Q3 engine is far superior for good action and control. UT is kinda slow when it comes to hardcore action.

But playability... that's something else. The weapons in Q3 are useless and boring. Period. An ASMD, minigun or a flak cannon beats all weapons in Q3 EASILY.

Too bad they cannot combine all good stuff into ONE game....

But hey, I play both!!! (And I kill you easily)

When it comes to bots, Q3 is a joke even if they are harder. But that is because THEY ALWAYS HIT! Not at all like a normal person. Easier bots are just more Stupid with a capital S!

UT bots are far more convincing, sometimes you cannot see who is bot and who is human (except the bot is named Archon and has 0 ping...)

/Salmoneus

i agree with most everything u say Salmoneus, but what is this? -

"The Q3 engine is far superior for good action and control. UT is kinda slow when it comes to hardcore action."

i dont know, i can get quite the manic UT matches going, and i certainly have 'good control'. if the game 'action' seems a bit slow, turn up the game speed a notch-er two. if the 'control' seems too little, turn up the air control a bit.

frageriffic

I donno about the AI in unreal being better then that in Q3. Try playing a practice session with just bots. In CTF, they just follow you around. Sure you can give them commands, but that not very Artificial, is it? Each game has its ups and downs. I think that Q3 has the better multiplayer engine IMHO. It handles lost packets better, it handles high pings better, i get disconnected from Unreal more often.

coolguy867 you mentioned the whole 6 rocket thing. Its the same in Q3. If you try shooting a rocket at a player in Q3, they can sides step (or jump as you said. Its the same in both games. YOu shoot the ground to get a bigger blast. If your good, you don't need 6 rockets. One well placed rocket in Q3 will kill you. That takes some skill.

now, more about Unreal. First thing that needs to go is the Devastator. boring weapon. To easy. Anyone can get 5+ kills easily with that gun. where is the skill? The other thing that needs to go is the teleporter thing. Its not uncommon in a game to see people leapfrogging across a map with that thing. Again, there is no skill.

About gameplay. I've never seen Q3 get bogged down in a frag fest. Of course i've got a GeForce and i suppose that helps. But with unreal, if there are alot of players, all shooting rockets, ect ect, it gets slow. Its just plain annoying.

on another side note, Q3 come with many many more skins and models then UT.

to all, i offer a comprimise (spelled wrong, i know)

• Q3 engine
    • Q3 railgun
    • Q3 grenade launcher
    • Q3 rocket launcher
    • Q3 Gauntlet
    • UT ASDM
    • UT Chain gun
    • UT razorjack

There, the best of both worlds

What I mean about slow controls in UT is that it is harder to aim quickly in UT than in Q3. In Q3 I can easily turn 180' in a flash and rail a sucker. That isn't quite as easy in UT. Can't put the finger on it, but the controls are kinda "slappy" if you know what I mean...

I agree that the weapons are more devastating in UT, making it less of a skill game, but HEY THEY ROCK! BLAM! it shall sound! BOOM! hehh eh er....

And about the "compromise": The razorjack/ripper???? That one is the suckiest weapon in UT. NO SKILL, just luck, or unluck when you decapitate yourself
    And also I'd pick the UT rocket launcher any day!

By the way, I think there is a mutator for UT that gives you (lame versions of) Q3A weapons! (For the retarded bunch of you that think they are better.... )

'nough typing, must... get... drunk...

See ya online, in either UT or Q3! You're dead!

/Salmoneus

LOL, its 2:15.

hehe, about the ripper...felt bad i was picking all Q3 stuff...

Originally posted by starsky:
    I donno about the AI in unreal being better then that in Q3. Try playing a practice session with just bots. In CTF, they just follow you around. Sure you can give them commands, but that not very Artificial, is it?

just tell the bots to freelance they will do what they want

Thread Information