I am going to tell you why Q 3 is better than UT - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am going to tell you why Q 3 is better than UT

Funny how people that suck at UT always say that...but to each his own. I like UT better. It requires just as much skill as Quake and I like UT's maps better. Plus I have a V3 3000 and glide is so smooth.

np6122, Q3 is much more challenging than UT, UT's easy, even with the bots on Godlike, try beating the Q3 bots on Nightmare, that's alot harder, and you dont get unfair advantages like be in able to fire 6 rockets at someone.
    That's my opinion anyway!, and i own both and the only one still installed isn't UT.

------------------
    Athlon 700@800,Abit Ka7, 128mb PC100, 12mb Voodoo 2, 17" Sony Monitor, SB Live.
    Check Out: www.selective-auto.co.uk
    XP @ 2.3Ghz (210xx11)
    NF7-S v2
    1GB PC3500
    Rad 9800pro @ XT
    CM101B
    Hitachi 17" 16ms TFT

np6122, Q3 is much more challenging than UT, UT's easy, even with the bots on Godlike, try beating the Q3 bots on Nightmare, that's alot harder, and you dont get unfair advantages like be in able to fire 6 rockets at someone.
    That's my opinion anyway!, and i own both and the only one still installed isn't UT.

------------------
    Athlon 700@800,Abit Ka7, 128mb PC100, 12mb Voodoo 2, 17" Sony Monitor, SB Live.
    Check Out: www.selective-auto.co.uk
    XP @ 2.3Ghz (210xx11)
    NF7-S v2
    1GB PC3500
    Rad 9800pro @ XT
    CM101B
    Hitachi 17" 16ms TFT

They both take skill, (and a reasonable Ping), if you want to be best, I don't consider myself as a UT king by any standards but it depends who you play. I won in Codex of Wisdom 30 fraggs and no deaths. with 5 other players, next nearest was 8 fraggs..... next game someone said lets all kill "Bladet" and I died a lot .

After that I was convincing myself I was getting pretty good, but went on later and got my butt serverly kicked......

Even better, I won the other day with an 857ping..... that upset the other players

Q3 in Nitemare mode is hard and the bots Cheat which is really annoying

actually, shooting at UT with six rockets does take skill, especially on uneven grounds. you hafta hit right on their feet to get a bigger blast radius. you can't just mad shoot at them cuz if you hit them right on, it doesn't hurt them as much sometimes. also, you always have a chance of living through 6 rockets as long as you have health, maybe not the same as 1 or 2 rockets, but it's all the skill. for example, if someone shoots 6 rockets at your feet and try to sweep you, you can jump, you'll get launched into the air with not that much damage, plus, you have the advantage of the birds eye view of the player, plus you can load rockets. all you hafta do is slam couple rockets down on them. there may not be as much obvious skill in UT with 6 rockets, but you'll learn it as you play more and more. also, more about the 6 rockets thing. if you're on a brawl 1 on 1 in an arena or big room, you have the option of 6 rockets or 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5. it all depends on your skill on which you can choose. sure 6 rockets will hurt much more and do some serious harm, but what if you don't have much health? you don't have time to load up rockets and dodge cuz the other person will get to you eventually. instead, choose 1 or 2 rockets to put little damage on the other person. it'll knock them off balence if you keep hitting them a little and they'll lose a little aim. therefore, you have more time to live, and you'll have a chance. more than 6. however, if you have alot of health, you can spare a little time and load 6 rockets and hope to sweep them. you'll hit them no matter what with 6 rockets unless you suck ***, it depends on how much you hit them, which depends on your skill.

my main point is that it depends on quick thinking, time to live, and awareness of your life and the skill of the other players to determine how many rockets you'll whip out. if the game could automatically load you up with 6 rockets automatically, then sure as hell anyone would use that on a 1 on 1 fight. but loading up 6 rockets in the real world takes time, and time is sometimes what you don't have because of health or skill of the other player. it takes skill to know what you're supposed to do and what would be smart, stupid, etc. these kinds of skill come after only playing for a really long time and how much you pay attention to the experiences that you have while you're playing in almost any situation, low health, low ammo, different skill levels of other players, the map itself, etc. and if you think that anyone can win a game even if they suck, then you can play someone that you think sucks, then play me and you'll surely see the difference. |ronin|an_azian

MaH SyStEm:
    PIII 450, 128 RAM, i740 (the i740 was last year's best midrange 2d card, so ha!) voodoo2 sli, 4.8X toshiba DVD, 4x4x20 cd-rw

and sorry if i sound kinda blurry and unclear and weird cuz i'm really tired. i got like no sleep last night. bye bye
    MaH SyStEm:
    PIII 450, 128 RAM, i740 (the i740 was last year's best midrange 2d card, so ha!) voodoo2 sli, 4.8X toshiba DVD, 4x4x20 cd-rw

Q3 kicks ***. UT sux *** !

------------------
    "The More I Discover The Lesser I Know"
    Adrenelin, a.d. 2000
    Adrenelin@Europe.com
    I only support two teams. Wales and everyone else England plays
    ICQ# 91149414
    AIM: AdrenelinY2K1

UT sux A$$ !!!
    Quake 3 is beautifuler, actionfuler and more actionfuler! Its heavier man you really feel the action!

Beauty in a competitive FPS environment is for sissies turning off all the nicities will increase frame rate by 50% in Q3, allowing you to play at higher res and with less CPU-lag. (A frame rate of 20fps adds an effective +50ms to your ping. At 60fps, most monitor Hz, it's just +16ms. Faster than that, and your monitor can't even display it.)
    Pentium IV 2.4C Northwood- M0 stepping @ 3.2GHz HT
    Air Cooled w/ SP-94 heatpipe & 92mm Vantex Tornado at 45C
    4x256=1gb dual-channel 2-3-3-6 OCZ PC800DRAM @ 890MHz 3-4-4-8
    MSI Neo2-PLS w/I865PE & SATA @ 4x267=1068MHz
    BFG GeForceFX 5900@485/967MHz = 6284 3DMark2003s; dual-head 21" CRT & 19" LCD

I dont know what is wrong with all you people. You guys are talking like Ut is bad or something. im sorry but I think that UT is a better game overall. The wepons are more varied. There are cooler levels. There are more modes of play and tons more. I think that the display on the screen is better also. But for Q3A, it has great textures adn all. It has a lot of player models and it is a little bit more difficult, but the games are almost the same. I think that UT is more fun. But everybdy has there own opinion! So both games are good.

------------------
    Mess with the best
    Die like the rest
    --Hackers
    -Acid Rain
    Mess with the best
    Die like the rest
    --Hackers
    -Acid Rain

------------------
    Mess with the best
    Die like the rest
    --Hackers
    -Acid Rain

------------------
    Mess with the best
    Die like the rest
    --Hackers
    -Acid [B]BURN[B]

Your signatur is wrong it 'acid burn' not 'rain' 'cos at the end of the film the buildings say 'Crash + Burn' as in 'crash overide' and 'acid burn' so do the wise thin and change your signature. Oh yeah UT Sux, Q3 Rox

------------------
    "The More I Discover The Lesser I Know"
    Adrenelin, a.d. 2000
    Adrenelin@Europe.com
    I only support two teams. Wales and everyone else England plays
    ICQ# 91149414
    AIM: AdrenelinY2K1

id like to watch u win a Godlike UT match.....how many bots u talkin? one-on-one? thats not difficult. everyone knows the AI in Unreal is superior to q. also, what sort of internet connect u got? cable? cable vs. 56k? what u are actaully saying here is "i like q3 better than UT", and thats fine.

cant we get beyond the compairisons? both games are good for what they are: kill or be killed. i really cant be bothered deciding, so i play Unreal. it just looks, and plays better IMO. also, DM gets a little boring after a while, so a coop (single play) option is quite nice.

oh ya, why play, or concern yourself with something youd prefer not to play? does it really make a damn bit of differance anyway? is someone from Epic gonna pick up on this message, and say "ya know, perhpas we need to modify some existing COOL features to our game series to accomidate those from another". i think what they did is made for some excellant variety, and indeed 'cool' features. i should also add that if q had an alternate rocket fire or similar, rest assured youd be bustin just as much *** with it as anyone in UT.

frag it up man.

Hard to beat UT online!!!

[This message has been edited by 110_proof (edited 09-07-2000).]
    3.06@3.5ghz (FSB 152)
    Swiftech MCX4000 cooler
    Gigabyte 8INXP MB(E7205 chipset)
    9700 Pro w/ Thermaltake heatsink
    1G Geil 3500 DDR Platinum Series
    2x 40G WD HD (8mb)
    Audigy 2
    Antec True550 PS
    Nexus FanBus
    Modded Addtronics 6896a Case

Classic Athy 900@1120 1.95V
    Alpha p7125
    Freespeed Pro GFD
    Asus K7V MB
    Asus v7700 VC
    256 mb Micron PC133
    20.5G & 40G WD 7200 rpm HD
    Addtronics 6890A case
    2 x 120mm fans in the door

yeah how many bots are you guys talking about? 10 bots on godlike in unreal on DM or CTF is extremly hard but 1 is rather easy ..but i like both equally

They are both great games, but to say that UT
    sucks is little offbase. As for all of you
    guys who kick the bots in UT on Godlike I am
    impressed.
    Note to self;
    Have to get a cool signature.

Thread Information